Which SEC Football Team Is The Best?

Which SEC Football Team Is The Best?

Is there an actual way to prove it?

22
Which SEC Football Team Is The Best?

Which SEC Football team is the best in the division? From 1992 to 2015, I have compiled results from championship games and schedules to see just who really is the best football team in the SEC.

1. University of Alabama

Championship games played:10

Number of players named MVP in a Championship game: 6

2015 Conference Standings: 7-1

2015 Overall Standings: 14-1

NFL 2016 Drafts: 7 drafted, 3 prospects (the Bills, Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Detroit Lions, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins)

2. University of Arkansas

Championship games played: 3

Number of players named MVP in a Championship game: 0

2015 Conference Standings:5-3

2015 Overall Standings: 8-5

NFL 2016 Drafts: 5 drafted, 1 prospect (Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, San Diego Chargers)

Hunter Henry is projected to have the biggest career of any SEC-drafted player.

3. Auburn University

Championship games played: 5

Number of players named MVP in a Championship game: 3

2015 Conference Standings: 2-6

2015 Overall Standings: 7-6

NFL 2016 Drafts: 3 (Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles)

4. University of Florida

Championship games played: 11

Number of players named MVP in a Championship game: 7

2015 Conference Standings: 7-1

2015 Overall Standings: 10-4

NFL 2016 Drafts: 7 drafted, 2 prospects (Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, Indianapolis Colts)

5. University of Georgia

Championship games played: 5

Number of players named MVP in a Championship game: 2

2015 Conference Standings: 5-3

2015 Overall Standings: 10-3

NFL 2016 Drafts: 5 drafted, 5 prospects (Chicago Bears, New York Jets, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins)

6. University of Kentucky

Championship games played: 0

2015 Conference Standings: 2-6

2015 Overall Standings: 5-7

NFL 2016 Drafts: 1 (Los Angeles Rams)

7. Louisiana State University

Championship games played: 5

Number of players named MVP in a Championship game: 4

2015 Conference Standings: 5-3

2015 Overall Standings: 9-3

NFL 2016 Drafts: 5 drafted (Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders)

8. University of Mississippi

Championship games played: 0

2015 Conference Standings: 6-2

2015 Overall Standings: 10-3

NFL 2016 Drafts: 5, (Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Cincinnati Bengals)

9. Mississippi State University

Championship games played: 1

2015 Conference Standings: 4-4

2015 Overall Standings: 9-4

NFL 2016 Drafts: 3 (Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs)

10. University of Missouri

Championship games played: 2

2015 Conference Standings: 1-7

2015 Overall Standings: 5-7

NFL 2016 Drafts: 3 (Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings)

11. University of South Carolina

Championship games played: 1

2015 Conference Standings: 1-7

2015 Overall Standings: 3-9

NFL 2016 Drafts: 3 (New York Giants, New York Jets, Los Angeles Rams)

12. University of Tennessee

Championship games played: 5

2015 Conference Standings: 5-3

2015 Overall Standings: 9-4

NFL 2016 Drafts: 0

13. Texas A&M

Championship games played: 0

2015 Conference Standings: 4-4

2015 Overall Standings: 8-5

NFL 2016 Drafts: 3 (Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, San Diego Chargers)

14. Vanderbilt University

Championship games played: 0

2015 Conference Standings: 2-6

2015 Overall Standings: 4-8

NFL 2016 Drafts: 1, 6 undrafted free agents (Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Dallas Cowboys)

So, who is the best team in the SEC? I don't know that I can answer that for you. Let's just say, no matter what, I do and will always support #DAWGNATION. What I've learned from being a devoted fan to an SEC team: no matter the numbers, the statistics or the standings, SEC fans are loyal to their team. Although I am very proud of Georgia, as they honestly aren't a bad team, I don't know who is the greatest team. It would kill me to praise Florida, but I have to give it to them. They've played in the most championship games and have had the most named MVPs. Bama came in hot with 10 championship games, seven named MVPs, and an almost perfect 2015 season. Bama also had seven drafted and three prospects, tying Georgia with five drafted and five prospects.

SEC teams, for the most part, are so comparable; it's hard to say who's the best. As stated above, I'm a die-hard Georgia fan, but I may root for Bama from time to time.

Who do you think is the best SEC team?