10 Game Day Must Haves For Every College Girl Tailgating

There's nothing like tailgate season!

1360
Sydney Eisenberg

Game day is the best day. There's no doubt about it. Nothing beats getting dressed up and supporting your team all day. Not to mention, the clothes for game days these days is the cutest its ever been. For any incoming college freshman, game days are the days EVERYBODY takes seriously, so it is crucial that you come to school beyond prepared. With that being said, have fun with your game day outfits!! Here are the 10 items you must have before your first tailgate...

1. The Classic Half & Half Zipper Tee

I'm pretty sure that every single college girl has this shirt for tailgating. It was probably the first shirt they got for the best season. Tailgate clothing businesses can make these many different ways. One way is just putting a simple zipper down a shirt. The most common way is to have the same shirt in two different colors to make it one super funky shirt. They even make them for parents if one of their kids goes to one school and another goes to a different school!

2. Cheerleading Skirt

While shopping for tailgate gear, I knew that getting a cheerleader style skirt was a must for me!! (Especially because I was a cheerleader all throughout high school.) The most popular way to wear these skirts are with a bandeau or cropped top. To add extra cuteness to this skirt, be sure to get yours with your school, mascot, or motto on the bottom of the back!!

3. Bandeaus

Every college girl has at least 5 different bandeaus. These popular items can have different schools, sayings, patterns, and so much more. It's so fun to wear these to tailgates by themselves or they can be paired with a mesh shirt so everyone can see what your cute bandeau says!

4. Mesh Shirt

Mesh shirts can be perfectly paired with anything. Bandeaus are the most common to wear with a mesh shirt on game days!!

5. Jean Jacket

Jean jackets at tailgates are extremely popular! Too bad the weather at my school is so hot during tailgate season! They can be worn plain or with writing on the back of them!!

6. Overalls

Overalls are a great item to have for tailgates. They go super well with bandeaus underneath or even a colored Calvin or cropped top! Just have fun with it!

7. Joggers

If your school is cold or gets cold during tailgate season, I recommend wearing spirited joggers to a tailgate. They will keep you comfortable and warm throughout the day!

8. Stickers/Tattoos

On game days, you can find people (including myself) wearing stickers or tattoos all over their bodies. Game day is a time where you should be able to have fun with your outfits and not care about what everyone thinks. In the end, you're all supporting the same team! Go crazy with your face stickers and tattoos! They're fun!!

9. Hair Accessories

Whether it's a hair bow or a scrunchie, I'm showing my school spirit from head to toe!! Keep your hair out of your face on game day with a spirited hair accessory!

10. School Spirited Sneakers

Last but not least, school spirited sneakers are a tailgate must have. Whether you buy them or have them custom made,everyone needs a pair of sneakers showing their school spirit!

There are so many more items that you'll need for tailgate season, but this should help you get started!