Farewell To Romance.

Last night, while attempting to fall asleep I decided to watch a quick movie called "New Romantic". In the movie, the main character briefly made a comment which she stated "Love is dead" and I've never felt anything like that before. I'll be honest, love is dead and I firmly stand next to my opinion.

When I think of love, I imagine what I've viewed in movies for as long as I can remember as a young girl dreaming of this picturesque romance. When you meet the "perfect" man at the most unperfected moment of your life and he saves you from life's hardships. Meeting the Ryan Gosling's, Zac Efron's, or Ansel Elgort's of romance and you'll live happily ever after, just like the movies.

Not everything is like the movies, which I realized not too long ago and it's heart-breaking. Modern-day romance in 2019 is not the best example of the past. I firmly stand next to my opinion of "love being dead" because as harsh as it sounds, it's dead. Romance had disappeared into thin as quick as we could think, poof gone just like that without even a goodbye.

Romance in this day in age is meeting someone online, "slidin' in the dms", or swiping right on a Tinder profile. Romance is quite technology-based and everyone has lost connection. The connection that humans once had with each other is gone because we solely communicate online or through an app. Just to put it out there, I'm not shaming anyone for using a dating-app because I do, too.

Using Tinder, Bumble, Plenty of Fish, etc is kind of the worst thing ever, to be completely honest. Let's put this into perspective, imagine meeting an individual on the app and it ends up working out tremendously. What are you supposed to tell people when they ask the infamous question of "how did you meet?". The concept of being aware that your love story started all on Tinder scares me. Now that I'm saying this, I'll probably meet the "one" or my next boyfriend on a dating app and have to tell the story of "how we met".

Honestly, I think romance is dead because I'm in the age group where everyone wants one thing and one thing only, sex. I believe this is the perfect time for everyone in their 20's to explore their options and discover what they like and don't like. In comparison, I agree with a majority of people in my age group, it's just too early to settle down just yet in life, right?

When I think of "romance", I imagine catching the eyes of a wonderful man that automatically sweeps me off my feet, literally. We begin to know each other and develop an instant connection between the two of us, it's love at first sight. He decides to take me out and offers to pick me up at my house at 8. He opens the door for me because chivalry is obviously not dead and we go out and explore the town. The date is perfect and we fall happily in love, now that's the fictionalization of romance.

That's my example of what romance looks like in the movies, but sadly that doesn't exist in real life and is left to the fairytales. Let's all agree that love is dead, buried in the ground forever and forever until the end of time. So, I guess I'll keep swiping right to maybe find my "Mr. Right" tonight.