Records Broken And History Made: 2015 World Gymnastics Championship

TEAM USA proves to be the true champions in Glasgow.

64

History has been made!

In the beginning of November the 2015 Worlds Gymnastic Championships occurred, and the Women's U.S. Team has knocked the term, "making history," out of the area. Within this competition, Team USA has won their third straight world championship, Simone Biles is now a 3-time World Champion (beating out Shannon Miller's record of being a 2x champ in 1993 and 1994), and Madison Kocian tied with three other girls for the Gold medal on uneven bars (which has never happened before).

On day one of the team qualifying round, Team USA did not have a great day. Aly Raisman, who is the Olympic Champion on floor, stepped out of bounds on her floor routine and was a bit sloppy throughout the day. All-Around Olympic Champion, Gabby Douglas, fell off the beam; while Brenna Dowell fumbled on the Uneven Bars. Still, by the end of Day 1, Team USA was off to the Team finals.

As Day 2 came around for Team finals, Team USA proved themselves to be true champs. An unexpected disappointment came to Russia when they were edged out of the chance to be on the podium, when Great Britain pulled a surprise twist in events and stepped up their game. There were tons of falls and stumbles between a variety of teams, but when you send in Simone Biles as your anchor, you can't help but feel the taste of the gold.

For the AA competition, It was Douglas and Biles to be neck and neck. A solid day of competition, but you know when you're the top dog when you step out go bounds on a tumbling pass and you still win! This was the day Simone Biles won her third straight championship. She proved that even on her worst day, or slightest of worst, she was top dog. Not only was it a big day for Biles, but with only being back into competition for about 10 months, Douglas placed second for the All-Around. What shows to be interesting is the fact that Douglas basically took off two years and has come back to dominate; this isn't something that most gymnasts can do after already being an Olympian.

Could 2016 be the year that both Aly Raisman and Gabby Douglas make history and complete back-to-back Olympics?

One can only hope!

Another moment of history, was during the event finals when Madison Kocian tied for first place on the uneven bars with three other girls. Each girl had a 15.366, which had left the arena in shock. Not to mention, Maggie Nichols, a first-timer for Worlds, earned a bronze medal on floor. Left and right, Team USA swept up the medals like it took no effort.

To conclude with the week of history in the 2015 World Championships, Simone Biles has won 10 gold medals. Her wins have only been gained through being at Worlds three times. With 10 gold medals, she has officially beat the record of Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps...and she's only 18: No big deal or anything. With this performance Biles has presented in Glasgow, she's definitely a lock for the Olympic team. Now, with the Olympics about nine months away, this doesn't mean that Team USA will take a break of any means. Now since they've proven to be the ultimate Ronda Rousey's of gymnastics, every country is thirsty to beat them.

Until next time,

#TeamUSA