30 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone

For all of those conversations that go until 4 a.m.

117

We've all been there at some point. You're up late, on the phone with the person you're crushing on/talking to/S.O./friends, etc. and suddenly the conversation comes to a halt and there's silence on both ends. (This has happened to me a few times.)

What do you do?

Well, chances are, that's how you found this article (or maybe not). So if you really want to get to know someone (crush or otherwise) on a deeper level, here are 30 deep questions that you could ask in order to really get to know someone.

1. What's one thing you would change about yourself?

Is it good? Is it bad?

2. Have you made any decision(s) you regret?

regret

What were they? Why do you regret them?

3. Do you consider yourself more of an Introvert? Extrovert? Ambivert?

introvert

Shy and quiet? Outgoing? A bit of both?

4. Who is the one person you can talk to about anything?

For me its my best friend.

5. Would you ever take back someone who cheated?

cheater

And if so why? Would you have a hard time trusting them again?

6. What kind of parent do you think you'll be?

Like your parents?

7. If your in a bad mood, would you rather be left alone or talk to someone?

THis question could help you with future conversations.

8. What would be an ideal date for you?

For those who are talking to their crush, S.O., etc.

9. Are you confrontational?

Do you hate conflict?

10. Do you believe in second chances?

If not, why?

11. What's one thing that you learned from a past relationship?

How did it affect you/make you who you are today?

12. What did you want to be when you were younger?

model career

Do you still want to be that thing?

13.  What was your biggest mistake so far in life?

mistakes

What did you learn from it? Why do you consider it your biggest mistake?

14. How would you describe your best friend?

Funny? Smart? Kind? Caring?

15. What's your biggest pet peeve?

pet peeves

Why?

16. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

world map

17. What are the three most important things you value in a person?

why do you value them? What happens if someone doesn't have theM

18. What is one of your biggest accomplishments?

mission accomplished

Why do you think it is?

19. Who was your favorite teacher growing up?

Why? What do you remember the most about them?

20. What is one thing you learned when you were younger that has stuck with you since?

kids

Why did it stick with you?

21. What is the greatest risk you've ever taken?

take risk

How did it turn out?

22. If asked to say one fact about yourself, what would it be?

fact

This is also one of those questions that we see a lot in big groups.

23. What would you consider your deepest fear?

fear

Note: This can say a lot about a person.

24. Do you have a favorite book(s)? Genre?

books

What is it? Why do you like it/them?

25. Have you ever been in love?

heart

Tell me about it. What happened? Why did you fall out of love?

26. Is home for you a place or feeling?

home

Maybe it's a person. Tell me about it.

27. Where does happiness come from?

happiness

What does it mean to you?

28. Have you ever been unable to sleep?

sleeping

Why? What did you do with your time?

29. What is the most adventurous thing(s) you've ever done?

For me, I'd say it was a tie between cave zip lining and repelling down the side of a castle.

30. And one of the most important yet, Cats or Dogs?

You can tell a lot about a person by their preference.