A Letter To My Future Husband

A Letter To My Future Husband

Here's What I Promise you.

68
A Letter To My Future Husband
Kevin Mullins Bridal Portrait

Dear My Love,

I pray for you, I pray for you every night. I pray that your happy, where ever you are, who ever you are with, I pray that you laugh, you smile often, and that you are well. I pray that you are a man of God, that you put your faith and your family above everything else in your life. I pray that you are following your dreams, chasing experiences, and learning how to treat a woman correctly.

I'm not sure where you are, what you're doing, or if you have already given your heart to some one for the time being. Sometimes I lay in bed and wonder if we've met, if our paths had crossed, but some how I don't think we have yet, maybe because God knows we might have to learn a little more before entering into each others lives. Sometimes I wonder what you're doing right now, at this very second. If you're out at a bar, playing a college sport, or playing xbox with your friends, and wonder if you ever think about me too.

Well my love, where ever you are, I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to be curled up on the couch watching baseball games with our dogs at our feet, or wearing funny couple halloween costumes making everyone around us laugh, and one day having our kids jump on our bed so excitedly on Christmas morning. I can't wait for Sunday church and brunch, wine nights in, and waking up to you every day for the rest of our lives. But before we meet, I need to let you know a few things, and promise you some things too.

I'm hard to love. I am the type of woman who will ask you if you are leaving far too many times, only because I have been left so many times before, so when I ask, please have patience. I lose things. I will misplace your wallet, a screw driver, and your favorite socks way too many times, but bare with me. If you ask me where the Advil or where I put the dog's leash, I will not remember, but that's why I have you, to help me find things. I forget everything. There will be times when you ask me to go to the store to get milk, but I will get distracted by a Cubs T-shirt that I know you'd love, or the latest flavor of oreos for us to sample and will completely forget the milk, so don't lose your temper, I mean well. I get scared. If the doorbell rings passed 10:00 I won't answer it, I'll curl up in a ball under the covers and beg you to do it. If the dogs bark at a shadow or you scream my name out of no where I will jump and my face will turn bright red. Oh, if you chose a scary movie, please hold me until I fall asleep. I want a lot of kids. A fair warning, I want my family to resemble Cheaper By The Dozen, and I hope that doesn't scare you off. I want to be a mommy to a lot of kids, I want a family so big we can have our own baseball team, because to me, family is everything.

But my darling, here's what I promise you. I will never leave. No matter how many times we argue, or I ask if you're still here, I will never leave. I want to work together to better us when we are tested, I want us to lean on our faith, and our love to get through the toughest of times. I will never lose important things. I'm not saying your socks or wallet aren't important, but I will never lose my love for you, I will never lose our memories, or our wedding rings, or anything that has to do with my love for you. I will never forget about us. I might forget a date or two, but I will never forget where we met, our first date, the first time you said I love you, or why I fell in love with you to begin with. I will never forget our good and ugly times, that made us, us. I will never forget to kiss you in the morning, and to hold you at night, and I will never forget to remind you how much I love you, every single day. I will make you a father. One way, some how, I will make you a father. I will make you a little league coach, or a cheerleading dad, I will make your legacy live on, I will make a being that is 50% you, and 50% me, that we will watch grow and love for ever, and when our baby does something adorable, we can just look at each other and say, "We made that."

So my love, please know I pray for you, and think about you always. I know one day we will have a once in a life time love, and we will have the romance story people live for. I know it won't be a cake walk sometimes, and we will make mistake and fumble, but I vow to love you in all your forms, and accept you as you are. One day I can call you my husband, and my partner forever, and I can't wait for that day.

I love the idea of you, and I can't wait to fall hopelessly and romantically in love with you.

Love,

Your Wife