23 People On Their Ideal First Date

23 People On Their Ideal First Date

"Sometimes dinner and movie dates can be a little awkward. I like to find a common interest and plan a date off of that."
2145

Many of us are trying to find new ways to sweep someone off of their feet. We try to be original in our ideas of dating and try not to be so typical with the "dinner and a movie" kind of date. Everyone works towards creating an ideal first date for someone, but find ourselves stuck when trying to put our creativity to the test. The goal is always to try to come up a new, original date idea. So, I asked 23 people to share their ideal first date, and here's the wide range of responses I received.

1. “Sometimes dinner and movie dates can be a little awkward. I like to find a common interest and plan a date off of that. You both like music? Go check out some local bands. Adventurous? Go rock climbing.”

2. “My ideal first date is an adventure! Like a hike and picnic by the lake! A fun scenery where you can have enough alone time to talk and get to know one another and where the conversation doesn't feel forced! Just a fun and adventurous time.”

3. “I would like it if I got picked up and the guy took me somewhere I didn't know... like a surprise night! He picks me up at a certain time, tells me to wear something for the occasion, and then we go on a surprise date!”

4. "Drinks and a good conversation!"

5. “A nice dinner at a restaurant where the lights are kind of dimmed. We both have to be dressed really nice and he needs to open the door for me. He also has to be able to eat a lot on the first date! Then go home and cuddle on the couch in sweats.”

6. “My ideal first date with a girl would be just taking her out to a place that's not a dinner and a movie. That's giving off a needy impression and women hate that I feel like (some). I just feel like doing something fun (cooking class, rock climbing, going to the gym) all work instead of the movies and dinner. You can't get to know a person like that.”

7. “I have heard that buffets are the best place to take someone, because then neither the girl or guy feels weird about having an expensive meal (they cost the same!) and it's an easy way to see what they like to eat since they have a variety available. Plus, I think a sit-down dinner is an awesome first date, because it allows you to sit down with the other person and actually talk. Then depending on the time of day/year, an outdoor activity, such as going for a walk, sounds pretty good to me!”

8. “My idea of an ideal first date would be going out to eat at a somewhat nice restaurant, without having our phones, so we have to actually talk to each other. Then, take her to a baseball game! Who can hate a dime, dogs, and, of course, baseball, especially when it's warm!”

9. “Fishing and a hike or a coffee date. I feel like you can really get to know someone by just sitting there, taking the time to get to know each other.”

10. “My ideal first date is doing something that we both love and find fun. It is good to see the other person being carefree and just let loose. So, for me, my ideal first date would be going to a carnival, I love carnivals. I love going on all the rides and going to the different booths that are set up.”

11. "Probably getting dressed up and going to a nice dinner, then going to get ice cream and watching a movie at home."

12. “My ideal first date would be a new and unique restaurant! I love trying new things and food is always a great conversation starter. Anything outside the box and a new experience totally calls my name.”

13. “My last first date I went on was pretty perfect to me. The guy and I had been talking for a couple weeks, found out that my favorite food was Italian, so he asked me to dinner, but wouldn't tell me where we were going, no matter how much I pestered him, which I thought was very cute. Not like most guys now with the "I don’t care, wherever you want" kind of game. All he told me was that It was casual and to be at his house at 7:30 and he'll take it from there. I like guys who take control of situations. So I met him at his house, he opened my car door for me and everything, and he took us to a nice, lesser known Italian restaurant, not like typical Olive Garden. We both ordered an alcoholic drink to help calm the nerves, but didn't get drunk or anything. The conversation was super easy and it wasn't awkward at all. We sat there and just talked for a long time.”

14. “My ideal first date is anything in which we can talk. It could be something more traditional, like dinner, but I'd rather go to a park or the zoo. Somewhere with a sense of privacy, but where I can make sure to keep her entertained. The biggest thing to me is being able to talk to her and get to know her.”

15. "An arcade type setting, like Dave and Busters, because you can have dinner to talk and then play games to see their competitive side. Also, you get to win some prizes!"

16. “Netflix and chill. No money spent and usually ends well.”

17. “I think the best first date depends on what age you are at. For example, high school students go to movies on the first date because you can just watch the movie and get used to being by each other. If you're in college or more of an adult, I think the guy should bring flowers no matter what, and should take her downtown to a beautiful city nearby and just walk around. Then sit in a little cafe and talk for hours.”

18. “If I already know of the guy I would want him to pick me up (if I met him online, I’d meet somewhere). Then, having a nice dinner where he pays, but isn't arrogant about it, and doesn't come on too strong, but is reassuring enough to make plans for another date or at least mention it.”

19. “My boyfriend (now of three years) remembered me talking about my favorite restaurant, so he surprised me by taking me there for dinner! Afterwards we stopped and got hot chocolate and we walked the downtown of my hometown. Granted, it was December, so it was freezing and snowing, but all of the Christmas lights were up on all the trees in the downtown square. I absolutely love Christmas lights and he walked me around all the trees and then we went underneath one and looked up from beneath the branches. It was so gorgeous and romantic underneath the Christmas tree! I couldn't help but start falling for him after that. We go on that date every year now “

20. “Ideally, I'd like to go to some sort of winery event or a festival, if it's summer time, on a first date... there's so much to see and do to keep the conversation going at either!”

21. “It definitely depends on the season. For right now, I would say a little adventure; I like going to little dive bars and having a few drinks and maybe ice skating. I went on a date a few weeks ago and went fishing and it was so much fun. I'm an outdoorsy girl so that makes me happy. Dinner and movies are cool but they are very simple and basically the ultimate go-to for any man. Or even going to a local winery where there is live music, good wine, and food.”

22. “Buy me Chipotle and take me to a baseball game, and I'm all yours.”

23. “Go somewhere really pretty, like nature-wise, and have a cute little picnic with lots of fruit! Then just chill, talk about life, and just enjoy each other. After, get lots of movies and ice cream, go home and build a tent. And then snuggle, watch the movies, eat the ice cream, and just be happy.”

So, go out on a whim, ask that person you've been wanting to take on a date to go out with you sometime. Try something new, have a good conversation, and just enjoy each other. Put your creativity to the test and come up with something spontaneous. You never know what may come out of the date, and don't worry, you can thank me later.