5 Ways To Be Productive While Procrastinating

Procrastinating doesn't have to a stressful.

17
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Procrastination_-_do_it.jpg

Not in the mood to write that paper? Study for the ultra-important test that's worth like a third of your grade? Maybe you just wanna be lazy instead. Or maybe starting is the hardest part. Either way, they're all legit (if not very…good) reasons to procrastinate. If you're someone like me, procrastinating isn't a means of relaxing. Actually procrastinating just makes me anxious but I do it anyways. If you're anything like me, here are some ways to feel better about procrastinating by being productive.

Write.

Write in a journal. Write a story. Either way, it's a skill people need to have in the future, so it never hurts to practice, especially if it's a topic you know you can talk about.

Read.

Alternatively, they say that the most successful people are also read everyday.

Learn a new language.

No, I don't mean the whole language, but like a few new vocab words or a new grammar structure. Or maybe if you know people who speak another language, have them teach you something. Or have a whole conversation with them.

Call your parents.

Your parents will always appreciate hearing from you. Do check if they're available at the moment though!

Do other homework.

Well, if it's there, you might as well. Save a bit of time after the worst of the work passes.

At the end of the way though, the panic will still come around and you'll still have to swallow your frog. But in the meantime, at least you can be proud of what you've managed to get done beforehand!