The Only Time You Should Ever Look Back Is To See How Far You've Come

Keep on, keeping on.

758

Have you ever heard the saying, "If something won't bother you in five years, then why let it bother you today?" This saying has made a huge impact on my life, because it has made me question situations that I've been in. The question I ask myself whenever I'm stuck in a place in my life is, "Is this really worth stressing over, and how bad will this affect me?" There may be questions in your life that you will never get answers to. Sometimes, we as people have to live with that.

We all go back to certain moments in our life to where we can either relive the moment or to take it back. Some of us will waste days, months, and even years reanalyzing a situation that we could never change. Ask yourself this, "Am I really going to worry about this for the rest of my life?" Everyone has that one situation that has either changed them for the good or bad. We all handle situations differently.

There is nothing wrong with going back and reanalyzing a situation. However, when you allow that situation to become a constant replay in your mind, that's when it all goes wrong. Being anxious is something that no one wants to feel, but we are all human so we all get this way sometimes. In five years, are you wanting to look back and to see this is all that you've accomplished?

When a situation takes a toll on you physically, mentally, and emotionally that's when you need to question yourself and wonder what life could be like without this situation. The question I will always ask myself is, "Where do you want to be in the future, and will this affect it in any way?" I understand what it's like to feel like you'll never be able to get out of one, but once you let God in, everything will work out.

Feeling stuck somewhere can affect your social life, academic life, and just relationships in general. Letting go of someone or something will give you the satisfaction to be able to move on. Think about all that you will be able to accomplish once you are finally focused on you. Worrying about a situation will not help you in any way, sometimes it makes the situation worse. Sometimes we all overthink problems that become even more problems. When that happens, it can lead to self-esteem issues and self-doubt.

I still struggle every day with letting go of situations that I've been in. When I finally learned how to take responsibility for my actions, that's when my whole perspective on life changed. We all get caught up in life and we forget how blessed we really are. The best advice I've ever been given is, "The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited or erased; it can only be accepted."

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."- 1 Peter 5:7