Oh President, My President
Politics

Oh President, My President

Thank you for being my inspiration

575
Oh President, My President
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/26/636603128233134440-1257990641_Screen%20Shot%202018-04-26%20at%2012.13.20%20AM.png

Dear Mr. President,

You are not only my president but my inspiration. I know these aren't words you hear often but I'm here to say them loud and clear. However, I want to be clear, you are not my inspiration for any reason for which you would be proud of. You were chosen to lead our country however, I believe you achieved quite the opposite. In the light of your blatant arrogance and utter hypocrisy and continuous self-contradiction, you have managed to drive our country and my generation into a united force.

Because of you, we have finally been able to find our voice which has for so long been suppressed. We have learned not how to build walls, but to BREAK them. To hop over fences, penetrate each others' minds in order to form alliances and understandings, and most of all learn how to break the social borders you have perpetuated between one another.

You have taught us that when we see something wrong in our society, we are no longer going to sit down and merely be quiet because we are "children." These children have grown up and become teenagers, men and women, professionals, wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, and vital citizens of this nation. These children have grown up sitting with their parents watching the news and we may not have been old enough back then to comprehend the severity of the crisis within our nation, but we are old enough now Mr. Trump.

We are old enough now, Mr. Trump, to know that just because a big scary man tells us what he thinks is right for us and our country, doesn't mean it is. We are old enough now, Mr. Trump, to know that dividing our communities by social class and race isn't what is supposed to happen. We are old enough know Mr. Trump to know the difference between mental illness and poor regulation of gun control. We are old enough now, Mr. Trump, to know that killing hundreds of thousands of innocent women, children, and husbands isn't the way to solve war; it is the perfect impetus to sustain one. We are old enough, Mr. Trump, to understand that you don't resolve issues by disproportionately using your power.

I, Mr. Trump, am a proud, passionate, and professional young woman and know you have absolutely no right to "grab me by the pussy." In fact, you should be giving me all the rights I deserve as an equal member of this society. I deserve the same pay as any other man in my workplace because I have paid the same tuition expenses, put in the same blood, sweat, and tears, and possess the same drive and professionalism as any man I will encounter in my career.

Not only do I work my butt off to make sure that I earn the pay I so rightly deserve, I am able to do so along with the striking pain of menstrual cramps, migraines, and unwarranted "emotional changes." You want to know what helps regulate all of these symptoms that make me "unsuitable to run a country?" Birth control! Yeah, that small little pill that you have never once consumed in your life to help aid the pain in your non-existent uterus? Yeah, that one. But for some strange reason, you seem to believe that my feminine healthcare should be in the hands of my employers to decide if I need it or not. That is where you are wrong, my dear friend Mr. Trump. My uterus is absolutely, positively none of your business.

So here is my final conclusion, Mr. Trump. I want to sincerely and genuinely thank you for being my president. For showing me that even when an illiterate, misogynistic, racist child is in charge of my country, I have a voice. I have a community of young, powerful men and women behind me. We are a body stronger than you could ever be, even sitting in your pearly White House. You have taught us how to use our unity and outspokenness to speak out when we are aware of the wrongs current in our beloved future. We are the future, Mr. Trump, we are here longer than 4 years, we are the voice of the people and we aren't going anywhere.