7 Signs You're Not Yet Ready For A Relationship

Nothing is worse than feeling like someone doesn't have time for you, so sometimes being single is the better option.

88

Being single can suck sometimes, but make sure you are ready for what a relationship entails before getting into one.

1. You are not ready to take someone else's needs into consideration

Relationships are all about the give and take, and if you feel like you are not ready to have to worry or care about someone else's needs and wants, you are not ready for a relationship. Sometimes you need to put someone else's needs before your own and if you are not ready for that, maybe it is the wrong time for a relationship.

2. You are still in the "party phase" and are not ready to leave the hookup culture

If partying and casual hookups are still a priority, you are not ready for a relationship. Wait until you feel like you are ready to settle down before jumping into a relationship. Have fun if you want to have fun, you have your whole life to be in a relationship.

3. You don't want to be the only single friend in your friend group

Yes, it is annoying when every weekend your friends all are with their significant other, but if you only want to get in a relationship to not be lonely or left out. You are not ready for a relationship. Dating someone just to date them isn't fair to either person involved, its important to make sure your intentions are genuine.

4. You are not content with yourself

The phrase "you need to love yourself before you can love someone else" is real. Making sure you are content with yourself is important before getting into a relationship. If you feel you are not ready and are insecure, work on you and the right person will come along once you work on yourself from the outside, in.

5. You are not looking for something long term

Relationships require a lot of time and effort, so why put the time or effort into something you don't see being long-term in your life? Dating is fun, but don't forget to make sure you would be prepared for a "forever thing" with that person.

6. You have a hectic schedule

As much as we hate to hear it, if your schedule is hectic, adding a relationship to the mix will only cause chaos. It is OK to hold off on getting into something serious while you are working on establishing yourself. Nothing is worse than feeling like someone doesn't have time for you, so sometimes being single is the better option.

7. You just got out of a relationship

Getting out of a new relationship often leaves people wanting to move on and find something new right away. Rebound relationships are often not healthy because you have not allowed yourself to move on and grief over the last relationship that just ended. Taking time to yourself and to have fun is important before getting right back into another relationship.