NBA Schedule Preview

NBA Schedule Preview

What to watch for in the 2016-17 season.

9
NBA Schedule Preview
diylogodesigns.com

In a roller coaster of an off-season, the NBA looks forward to an exciting 2016-17 season through the highly anticipated release of their schedule. With the movement of some of the biggest stars in the league and the entry of a stellar rookie class, it is hard to not get anxious for the season to tip-off on Oct. 25. The season begins with the Cleveland Cavaliers hosting the New York Knicks, as LeBron and company raise the banner against the new-look Knicks, alongside Derrick Rose. After the Cavs-Knicks game, Kevin Durant makes his debut for the Golden State Warriors as they welcome the western powerhouse San Antonio Spurs to the Bay Area. With two phenomenal match-ups like these, NBA fans have a good reason to get excited for late October basketball.

Arguably one of the most exciting days of the NBA season, Christmas Day, is once again jam-packed with nail-biting games from noon to night. Highlighting the day, the Cavaliers and Warriors square off in a rematch of the 2016 NBA Finals, as the Cavs look to defend their bragging rights on their home court. In addition to the high-octane centerpiece game, there is no shortage of other stellar matchups. Always an exciting event, the Los Angeles Clippers face the rival Los Angeles Lakers for a battle in the Staples Center. The Lakers' fourth overall pick of the 2016 NBA draft, Brandon Ingram, looks to put his talents to the test in the spotlight against Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. Don't keep the remote too far away on Christmas Day because these clashes cannot be missed.

Last but not least, there are the games of notable return: fans file into the stands to cheer and boo their former star as he makes his return for an event with unmatched energy. On November 4, former MVP Derrick Rose returns to the Windy City, as he takes on the Chicago Bulls, where he'll trade his hometown red and white for the orange and blue of the New York Knicks. Rose had a rather pleasant departure from the Bulls due to the fact that his trade benefited both ends of the deal. Next, November 18 holds the return of three time world champion and Chicago's own Dwyane Wade to South Beach, where Wade played 13 seasons for the Miami Heat. The Bulls will play the Heat in what will surely be an emotional night for Wade and his former franchise. Finally, the hat-trick of notable returns is not complete without Kevin Durant coming back to Chesapeake Energy Arena, as he visits the Oklahoma City Thunder for the first time after his jaw-dropping departure from the team. The Golden State Warriors will look to pick up a crucial road victory in what might as well be the most exciting and inciting regular season game of the 2016-17 NBA season.

So, fasten your seat belts and strap in for what looks like to be another eventful NBA season with a plethora of electrifying matchups to keep you on the edge of your seat.