An Open Letter To Monroe, Georgia

An Open Letter To Monroe, Georgia

Who says you can't go home?

7
personal photo

Dear Monroe,

We've been through a lot together, haven't we? The renovation of downtown is one major thing. But who could forget the ever-changing fate of the building that now houses a Moe's but has been home to a Starbucks, a pasta place, and who knows what else? We have stuck together through the renovation of Walmart, the birth of Arby's, Panera, and the boring down of Wendy's. Even in the pouring rain, we stayed together to order a large sweet tea at Chick-Fil-A. We truly have been through it all.

I am sorry I didn't learn to appreciate you sooner. Monroe truly is a beautiful place to be. I always thought the winding roads to get to Monroe Area were excessive, but now I appreciate the secluded ride. Downtown Monroe has become a booming place. I can buy handcrafted soap, grab an amazing latte, shop for a dress, and eat a pizza without walking further than a quarter of a mile. What a wonderful place

I promise going forward to appreciate you more. I will learn to appreciate your strange weather patterns. I'll do my best to smile even at the Walmart. I will sit in Chick-Fil-A's double lane no matter how hectic my lunch is. I'll even come to the high school sports games! Thank you for being the place I call home.

Sincerely,

A Proud Resident