To The Mom Who's Gotten Me Through Everything, I'll Never Be Able To Thank You Enough

I have never done anything to deserve you, but I can't thank you enough.

149

My mom and I have been through absolute hell together. A lot of it has been from outside sources, but some of it has been things that we have put on ourselves. Even before I was born, my mom was fighting for me. The past twenty years we have gone through anything and everything you can imagine together- you name it, it's happened to us.

This woman has constantly defended me, fought with me, fought for me, laughed with me, cried with me, and sacrificed everything for me. I would not be the person that I am today without her. She has gotten me through everything that I have ever had to go through. Just because she has gotten me through everything doesn't mean that it's been easy or fun. I've fought with my mom more than I've ever fought with anyone else, but we've always gotten through it.

In the past couple of years, and even more so in the past few months, my mom and I have gotten so much closer than we have ever been. Once I let down all of my walls and came out to my mom as trans, we've been able to communicate much more openly and easily. For what seems like the first time in my life, my mom and I are on really good terms. We don't fight, we talk about our problems and I go to my mom before I go to anyone else when I have problems.

I've never done anything to deserve the mom that I have. I've never treated her the way she deserves- I've been an asshole to her most of my life because I couldn't get my own shit under control. However, I am so thankful to have my mom in my life. My mom is becoming my best friend again- she used to be my best friend and then life happened and things got in the way, we drifted and hated (but still loved) each other and weren't friends at all. When I moved to college I was the only person that talked to their mom as much as I did and we were barely even friends then. Now, my mom is my best friend again and we talk all the time.

Mom, I'm forever thankful for you. You'll never know what all you have done for me and what your support means to me. I love you more than ever. TGFE mom.