A Thank You Letter To My Mother

A Thank You Letter To My Mother

Thank you to my best friend, biggest supporter, and mother. You are the brightest light in my life and for that, I thank you.
22609

Dear Mom,

It has been said many times before that “My mom is the best mom in the whole world,” but this statement could not be truer when it comes to you. Not only are you an amazing parent, but you are the spunkiest, most loving, and kindest person I know. You are my best friend and have inspired me to no end. You came from nothing and made yourself into something spectacular. Your drive and passion for life inspires me every day. Whether it is working on your career or caring for your beloved family, you are amazing.

Thank you for being you. You are beautiful inside and out, yet, it is your smile that radiates the sprouting waves of joy and happiness around every room that you enter. Your laugh is contagious. I have never met another person that loves life as much as you do. I don’t know how you deal with half of the stuff that comes up in life as you tackle it with such poise and dignity.

Thank you for spending time with me. Do you remember when I used to tell my friends I was too busy to hang out with them so that I could go to an endless amount of movies with you? I do because those were memories that I will forever cherish. Our laughs, our tears, our joys, and our sorrows are the reason that our relationship is so strong.

Thank you for always taking my photo. Whether it be for sports or family events, you are always there with the camera ready to take another snapshot. It was typical for me to usually complain an outrageous amount of the time, but I am delighted to be able to have those memories with you documented so well.

Thank you for being my role model. As I grow older, I begin to see more of you in me, and I get even more thankful for that each day. Whether it be the slight giggle you let out when you hear something funny or the way you smile and tilt your head when you hear something you like. If I could just be only half the mother than you are one day, I would be more than content with that. I love hearing about the stories of your childhood. I often compare them to my own just so that I can try to find more similarities between us.

Thank you for loving me regardless of my mistakes. Thank you for always being there as I continue to navigate these early years of my life. Thank you for being you because you are the greatest person I have ever met. Finally, thank you for letting me go and experience life for what it truly is. I can only hope that I am half the person that you are one day.

Love,

Your Daughter