Michigan Fall Must-Do's

Michigan Fall Must-Do's

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

26
Michigan Fall Must-Do's

Happy first day of fall, y'all!

Now I may be a bit biased having lived in Michigan my entire life, but I must say that when it comes to fall, the midwest does it best! As the summer heat fades into that familiar, crisp air we all know and love, it only seems right to let those traditional, Michigan fall activities begin. Here are some of the ones that you won't want to miss this season.

Go pumpkin picking.

pixabay

Nothing screams fall more than pumpkins, and beginning to see advertisements and signs popping up on every corner for your local pumpkin patch is undeniable proof that fall is officially in full swing. The mitten is jam-packed with an assortment of pumpkin patches all across the state! The timeless classic of searching up and down the rows of an endless sea of orange to bring home the biggest, roundest pumpkin never goes out of style.

Attend a Big Ten football game.

Madelyn Darbonne

Living in Michigan, you are lucky enough to have TWO Big Ten football teams in your state (while of course, rooting for green and white is always the better option). Decking yourself out in your favorite team's colors and cheering their fight song as if your life depended on it is just another essential to the fall season.

Visit a haunted house.

hauntedhousesorg

For all the Halloween fanatics out there, you know that the season wouldn't be complete without paying money to have the life scared out of you! Michigan is home to a nationally recognized, four-story haunted attraction, Erebus, holding the Guinness World Record of the world's longest walk-through haunted attraction for four years! Whether or not you're brave enough to conquer a half-mile of frights, any haunted house is a staple to ringing in this spooky season.

Enjoy the changing leaves.

picjumbo

Taking a drive through the Michigan countryside while the leaves are changing is a magical experience. With the crisp air accompanied by the most vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds you have ever set your eyes on, it as if this scenery was pulled straight from a postcard. Being riddled with trees, the changing of the leaves can be admired from almost anywhere within the state - keep an eye out for the peaks of the color around the first and second weeks of October.

Grab some apple cider and fresh donuts.

Madelyn Darbonne

The most dynamic fall-duo. Without a doubt, one of the tastiest treats you can get your hands on this fall is apple cider accompanied by freshly baked donuts. Whether you take your cider hot or cold, and your donuts plain or cinnamon sugar, visiting the cider mill and indulging these two fan-favorites is always a hit during this time of year.