If you are someone who loves fall as much as I do, you will understand how exciting it is to have warm days end in overly cool nights. In honor of fall being just around the corner here are a few things that make fall such a special season.
1. The chilly nights are the perfect sleeping weather. There is nothing better in the world than getting into bed and curling up in a big quilt and being toasty in your big blanket burrito.
2. ITS APPLE SEASON. Anything on the face of the earth can be bettered by adding apples. I don't think it would be humanly possible to be sick of any of the apple products produced throughout fall: from apple sauce, to apple pie, to apple turnovers, to apple cider - the options are endless and each one more tasty than the last.
3. The foliage. I am lucky enough to be from New England where leaf peeping is not only 100% acceptable but encouraged. Surveying the array of colors that spread over the multiple mountain peeks is the most breathtaking view, if you are not a native New Englander, I highly recommend at least one trip to see it for yourself. The pictures will never do it justice.
4. Corn Mazes. This is the perfect way to spend a Saturday where the sun is shining but the wind is chilly. Bring some friends and for few dollars you have an amazing time racing through a maze competing for prizes you typically don't want in the first place. It is an excellent way to make some amazing memories.
5. Flannels. Attending school in Vermont, flannels are kind of a given regardless of season. But there is something about fall that makes flannels seem a little more homey, more comfortable, and very fashionable. Everyday in fall is an acceptable day for a flannel.
6. Halloween. Regardless of how old you are Halloween is always a hoot. From trick-or-treating, to reverse trick-or-treating, to a good old fashioned soiree the options to celebrate are endless. The search for the best costume is always a unspoken competition, and seeing the creative ideas people come up with get better each year.
6. Caramel everything. For those of you who's every tooth is a sweet tooth, you will appreciate the overabundance of caramel covered everything and anything. If you are a caramel lover, then fall is the season for you.
7. S'mores around the fire. While fires are also a summer event, there is something a little extra heart warming about your friends gathering around a fire and making s'mores, or if you're extra adventurous, hot dogs over the open flame.
Fall is the season where the whole earth feels a little extra homey. The air is filled with a crisp nostalgia as everyone prepares for a long winter. Fall is the perfect chance to have a last hoorah before shoveling snow becomes a daily activity- so get out there an experience all the season has to offer before it passes you by!