To the Man Who Said Rape is God's Will
Politics

To The Man Who Said Rape Is God's Will

You're an ass.

511
To The Man Who Said Rape Is God's Will

The average maximum penalty for rape is 40 years in prison. Alabama recently passed a bill that currently makes all abortions a crime, with no exceptions. Prosecutors could even bring the charge of homicide for abortions, a crime that in Texas could carry a sentence of the death penalty. Yes, stating "no exceptions" is including rape and incest.

A 12-year-old girl could be raped and Congress says, "Just close your legs. It's not that hard." Men that have raped women have got away with it time after time again getting out of jail or months later, but if this 12-year-old girl wanted to have an abortion she is told that she must bear the child even though childbirth at that age is extremely dangerous and the child is coming out having a molester as a father.

George Faught is a Republican politician from Oklahoma. Faught was Representative for District 14 in the Oklahoma House of Representatives from 2007 to 2012. He would like to pass a bill about the restriction of abortion in Oklahoma. During the discussion of the bill, he was asked if rape is the will of God. He responds with, "If you read the Bible, there are actually a couple of circumstances where that happened, and the Lord uses all circumstances."

One circumstance Faught was speaking about may have been when Jacob's daughter, Dinah, was violated by the son of a neighboring ruler, Shechem, her brothers murdered him, his father, and the all of the men of his city in revenge (Gen. 34). Or after the Unnamed Concubine was gang-raped and left for dead by men in the tribe of Benjamin, the other tribes went to war against them upon hearing of her injustice (Jgs. 19-21).

In the Bible those women that were violated were protected, not punished for what had happened to them and something that they could not control. We need to take notes.

This is just completely disgusting and sickening to me. I would never get an abortion myself, but I will never believe that is okay for Congress to say that women can be sentenced to the death penalty for wanting to have an abortion.