Make Traveling Your Top Priority In 2019

Tips on planning a trip and for travelling in 2019.

Kiarrra
Kiarrra
72

January tends to be the month we insist on change and new beginnings. February tends to be the month we go back to our old ways. As the month comes to an end, it's important to realize that you don't have to give up on your New Year's resolution. You still have 11 months in 2019 to make a change!

One New Year's resolution that can be a priority for you is traveling. Traveling is often overlooked because it's too expensive, time-consuming or difficult to plan. Traveling to different places is a great way to expand your cultural horizons and to literally see the world from a new perspective.

You can always start small in traveling, especially if you're in Phoenix. If you, friends or family can drive, try driving two hours north and you'll hit Flagstaff where you can see snow, see the Grand Canyon or go camping! On the way to Flagstaff, try taking the scenic route and stop by Sedona. Sedona offers great hiking adventures, beautiful desert scenery, and Slide Rock State Park. Phoenix is a great center point for all road trips. You can visit some U.S. hotspots like Las Vegas, Lake Havasu and Los Angeles is just a few hours.

If road trips aren't your forte, flights can be cheaper and easier than expected with just some preplanning.

Here are four tips for a cost-efficient flight:

1. Buy your ticket months in advance.
2. Try to be flexible with your traveling dates, prices are just cheaper at certain points of the year.
3. Try to fit your clothing in a carry-on, this can save you around $50!
4. Don't be scared of Spirit Airlines! They get a bad rep but cheap flights are the best flights.

Another worry about traveling tends to be room accommodations. The best way to go about this is to gather a large group and split the cost of an Airbnb. Airbnb's offer more intimacy than a hotel would with a more attractive price tag! In an Airbnb, there is more room for bonding with friends and to have a good time in your own space.

Once you've gotten comfortable with the United States, consider traveling outside the country! This is a great opportunity to learn about new cultures and understand more about yourself. Leisure trips are exciting, but not everyone's wallet is set up for those expenses.

Think about doing a study abroad, in order to explore the world and learn about things in your field with a more affordable take. Also, study abroad trips can become even more affordable if you apply for scholarships. Studying abroad, flying and road trips are more accessible to you than you may think. Adding traveling to your 2019 priorities is a great way to break old routines and to make yourself happy. This year, grab your good friends and your bags and get started on your adventures.