A Long-Distance Relationship Is Worth The Happiness
relationships

Why Long-Distance Relationships Are Worth The Effort

Long distance relationships are worth every last bit of effort.

183
Anna Cameranesi

My boyfriend and I have been in a long-distance relationship for over two years. With long-distance comes countless hours of missing each other, driving, sadness, etc. It's a hard situation to undergo, especially for multiple years.

Many issues can arise from being in a long-distance relationship.

Firstly, a communication issue is common in long-distance relationships. This may include not completely understanding what the person means about something through text message. However, when you make sure your intentions are clear by facetiming or calling the person communication becomes easier to convey your feelings without coming off wrong or being misinterpreted.

Secondly, the amount of effort put in must be equal from both parties. This may be difficult if one person does not have a car and cannot drive to see the other whenever. However, making up this lack of driving through other ways, such as taking your significant other out to eat, doing little things for him or her like making them coffee when they have to get up early to drive home, or buying them gas can help extensively. Even borrowing your parent's car once in a while can help show your significant other that you're willing to find a way to get to them and take the stress off of him or her having to drive all the time.

Why is being in a long-distance relationship worth every last bit of effort?

The simple thought of knowing that you get to spend the rest of your life with the person you love so dearly is a reward in itself. Knowing that you only have to deal with long distance for so long before you guys move in together or end up moving close to each other for school or work is a great feeling. It makes every bit of effort worth it. Some days are much harder than others when you're missing each other so much, but they make seeing each other that much more rewarding.

Supporting your partner as best as you can while you are a part is the best thing you can do to keep your relationship strong and healthy. Some days will be difficult but do your best to stay positive because it all pays off in the end. Seeing your partner happy as can be is the most rewarding feeling ever. Keep pushing on and stay resilient to what life has to throw at you. Work as a unit and face life's obstacles together and everything will fall into place!