Do You Know What YOU Want Out Of Life?
relationships

Confessions Of The Girl Forever Liking The Wrong Guy, Figure Out What YOU Want

God really had me thinking about "What Do I Want?" in different areas of my life.

98
https://www.pexels.com/photo/photography-of-a-woman-sitting-on-the-chair-listening-to-music-765228/

When he says 'jump', do you ask 'how high'?

Why do Christians believe in having standards?

I've experienced having basically none and I really was 100% this girl. Right now, I'm talking about with guys:

If he called, I answered. Whatever the guy wanted was what I would conform to and subconsciously never sit down and ask myself what did I want. I thought I was getting what I wanted if I had the guy. That used to be so hard for me to believe. I really thought that as long as I was talking to or with the guy that I liked that that meant I was actually getting what I wanted.

But to be honest, until I got older, I never REALLY knew what I wanted and I didn't ask myself either.

I probably thought about things that I liked or wanted like a Christian guy who loves me and treats me really good like my Dad or a "good career field" but I never started really digging deeper into why I want these things or what they really meant or what it would take to have them.

When I don't know what I want and have no standards set than anything can walk in my life because there are no boundaries or goals to stop it.

I might want a Christian guy as a partner who goes to God about how to love me and be with me like I've seen in my family but am I practicing the same so I''m someone worthy of that kind of relationship? Would I be someone worthy of the kind of relationship? Because God isn't just going to let me poison this nice, God-fearing Christian man with my lack of trying to do my part in my walk with Christ.

These are the questions God really asked me and I was stuck.

THEN God really had me thinking about "What Do I Want?" in different areas of my life.

You say you want a "good career" to you but what does that mean? Fulfilling, impactful, effective and making a difference in the world come to mind.

What does it take to get there? What direction is God pointing you in when it comes to these career goals? What is God showing you that's important to focus on goal wise? Are you going to treat ANYTHING He hands as if it were important or are you too big for the small things?

You say you want "successful relationships" but what does that mean? I want God at the center of all my relationships. I want his will and his way in my life. This also makes my relationships healthy which is one of my favorite things about putting God at the center of my relationships.