A Letter To My Friends As We Move Away

A Letter To My Friends As We Move Away

It's not goodbye, just see you later.

6
A Letter To My Friends As We Move Away
Breanna Vogel

Dear friend,

I remember playing with you in elementary school; we ran around and swung on the monkey bars without a care in the world. Then we got to middle school, we made new friends and faced new struggles. I thought those were the hardest years of my life. Then came a scary thing called high school. We joined different clubs, took different classes, and started working because we learned that we actually had to work to get what we wanted in life. But, through it all, I knew I could always count on you. Some of you I met young, some I met later in life, but you all mean so much to me, and do not ever forget that.

As we dive further into adulthood, we may drift apart. With friends spread out throughout the country at different colleges, jobs, and adventures, it makes it hard to stay connected. But, I will always look forward to coming home for Christmas or summer and seeing you and making new memories. Just because we won't see each other more than a couple times a month doesn't mean that our friendship is over. You will always hold a special place in my heart no matter how long it has been since we last talked.

I wish you the best. I hope that you find amazing friends and go on a lot of fun new adventures. I may look at pictures and get a little jealous, but that is because I wish I could still be making those memories with you. I hope that you don't get too stressed out by all your classes, but if you do, remember that I am always here for you to rant to about how stupid your professors are and how impossible the tests are. I hope that you find the one that makes you happier than you ever have been. College is so hard, but it has a great dating pool. And if there is a guy that breaks your heart, I'll be there for that too. I hope that you have fun, study hard, and make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.

Moving away from some of your best friends is never easy, but I would say that it is always worth it. We may not be "best friends" anymore, but you were the one who helped me survive through high school and I can't thank you enough. I will remember all our movie nights, bonfires, and trips with the crew. I hold all those memories very close, and I hope to continue to make more with you as we grow older.

Remember, I am always a text or phone call away. No distance is too far to drive to visit you when you really need it. When you really miss me you can look at all our ugly pictures from middle school or high school. But most of all, remember that I am always rooting for you to do awesome in life from way out here and I cannot wait to see the plans God has for you because I know you will do great things, even if I am not there to share those things with you.

With love,

Your friend