Lessons I Learned Freshman Year At Mississippi State

4 Things I Learned As A College Freshman That I'll Carry With Me FOREVER

It was more than partying and homework.

744

1. Sometimes you will have to miss out on parties and other social events.

FOMO is very much a real feeling, but sometimes you are going to have to miss out on things. Remember that academia is your main priority. If not, you're there for the completely wrong reasons. There will be tons of parties to go to. Trust me, you will be just fine missing a few. Now, I'm not saying don't ever go out. You deserve to have fun. Just don't let partying take over and be a distraction to your learning.

2. Having good time management skills is VERY important.

As someone who has always struggled with time management and procrastination, this was extremely hard for me. Some professors won't remind you of upcoming assignments or tests. You don't have your parents breathing down your neck making sure you're being productive with schoolwork. It's completely up to you to study and get your homework done. Don't spend too much time on one assignment and take breaks that don't last two hours like mine.

3. Make sure to eat and have a good sleeping schedule.

It is very easy to get caught up in your assignments and completely ignore the fact that its dinnertime. Try not to stay up until 2 am hanging out with your friends every night. Please take care of yourself. Your health is extremely important, mental, and physical.

4. Just because it's college, it doesn't mean that people are automatically mature.

You would think that with us being young adults in college and living on our own that people would act like young adults. Sadly, that is not the case. While there is a majority that DOES act their age, there's still a handful that has A LOT of growing up to do. I've seen and experienced it.