13 College Things You Do Totally Different As A Sophomore

Oh, the difference that just a single year makes.

82280
Penn State / Flickr

It's that time of year again... time to start planning for the school year. College students all around the world are preparing to move to school either to begin their university life or pick up where they left off at the conclusion of spring semester. The preparation for college is completely different depending on what year the student is.

SEE ALSO: 13 College Things You Do Totally Different As A Junior

Freshmen have entirely different mindsets in comparison to those students returning for their second year. Here are the differences between the thoughts of getting ready for college as a freshman versus a sophomore.

1. Packing

Freshman: "I printed off the suggested check-list from the university website and have had all of those items purchased and packed now since June."

Sophomore: "Well considering the fact that I move in three days, I should probably start packing."

2. Shopping

Freshman: "I need one of every type of cleaning product known to man, brand new bedding, and a back up for everything...you know, just in case. You never know what you may actually need."

Sophomore: "When I moved out last year, I threw everything into a big tote. I'll just bring that and figure out what I actually need once I'm all moved in."

3. Books

Freshman: "As soon as my professors listed the books, I ordered them and had them delivered to my home address so that way I would have them before moving to school."

Sophomore: "Books? Nah, not even going to bother with ordering them."

4. Roommates

Freshman: "I am so excited to meet my roommate in person. I've stalked her on all social media mediums this summer and she seems like a decent person. But I'm still nervous. What if we don't get along? What if she's crazy?"

Sophomore: "I'm super pumped to room with my friend that I actually got to meet in person last year."

5. Decorations

Freshman: "I have an entire Pinterest board filled with all of the creative crafts I am making for my dorm. I hope I have enough room for everything!"

Sophomore: "I'm never in my dorm anyway, so what's the point of making of taking the time to make it picture perfect?!"

6. Friends at home

Freshman: "I need to make sure I meet up with all my friends and make memories that we will never forget before we part ways and go off to college."

Sophomore: "Time to meet up with my one good friend that I still have from high school."

7. Friends at school

Freshman: "I hope I make lots of amazing friends. I am going to attend all of the opening weekend activities to increase my chances of making my college squad."

Sophomore: "I actually prefer to keep to myself for the most part, but I do enjoy the company of a couple quality people I have met."

8. Clothes

Freshman: "I am taking my entire wardrobe with me. I want to look good on campus."

Sophomore: "Well, these seven t-shirts should do. Actually, I'll bring double that amount so that way I can do laundry every two weeks."

9. Class schedule

Freshman: "My classes begin at 8:30 every single day so that way I am up and starting the day early to be productive and do all my homework in the afternoon."

Sophomore: "My earliest class begins at noon and I still feel like that is going to be a struggle to get to on time."

10. Family

Freshman: "I am never going to be able to live without my family; it's going to be such an adjustment after spending the last 18 years with them."

Sophomore: "I literally cannot wait until I am back in my dorm and able to keep the area just how I want it."

11. Laundry

Freshman: "I don't even know how to do laundry."

Sophomore: "I need to get back to my dorm ASAP so I can do my laundry how I want without having to deal with the rest of my family using the machine here at home.:"

12. Food

Freshman: "What meal plan should I get? Is the food in the dining hall actually going to taste good?"

Sophomore: "Is it weird that I am actually craving dining hall food right now?"

13. The night before classes start

Freshman: "I printed out my schedule and walked all of my classes to make sure that I have enough time to get from one to the next and that I knew where the buildings were located. Also just set my "first day of class" clothes out; I'm going to look great."

Sophomore: "Eh, tomorrow will just be syllabus day. Do I even have to go?"