11 Ways 'Parks & Rec' Is Better than 'The Office'

11 Reasons Why 'Parks & Rec' Wrecks The 'The Office' In A Head-To-Head Matchup

I hate to break this to Dundler Mifflin Inc, but Leslie Knope and the Parks & Rec department are a much stronger, much funnier bunch of employees.

46

Any person that has even come close to mainstream, pop culture knows what "The Office" is. Odds are, most people have seen an episode or two. The majority of people I talk to say it is hilarious and binge-worthy and the origin of the mockumentary.

Me? I've watched it. Tried to at least, and I have hated it every single time I press play on Netflix. Seeing "The Office" in my "recently watched" upsets me. The sight of "Parks & Recreation" in there, on the other hand, brings me unadulterated happiness.

Because it is better. Here's why.

1. You don't have to suffer through the first 2 seasons to get to "the good stuff"

If one more fan of "The Office" says, "You just have to get through the first couple of seasons" to me, I'm gonna email personal complaints to Netflix until they remove the show. Try. Me.

2. Leslie Knope > Michael Scott

Leslie Knope is a beautiful, powerful, quirky woman. I'd much rather work for her than for boring, old Michael Scott.

3. Dear "The Office," stop making me cringe and just give me some wholesome humor like "Parks & Rec" does

OK, "The Office" fans, let's take a look back at the Diversity Day episode.

Rashida Jones: Ann is WAY less annoying than Karen

Ann would never date someone like Michael Scott, and yet Karen did. Just something to think about.

5. Paper production is just not as enjoyable as some parks and some recreation

Parks GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

I would rather follow the lively experiences of the Parks and Rec department than whatever they are doing in "The Office."

6. The intense progression of Chris Pratt's hotness

I mean, come on. Look at him! Need I say more?

7. April. Just April

LOL

8. We get to LEAVE the setting that IS an OFFICE

I want to go OUTSIDE. A big thank you to the Pawnee Parks & Rec department for making that happen for me.

9. Mouse Rat's music slaps

Just listen to "The Pit" then get back to me.

10. You don't actually have to watch "The Office," just go look at all the memes flooding Twitter

I'm sorry, but once a show's entire plot has been established by the teens trolling our Twitter feeds it is time to move on. Move on to "Parks & Rec" at this time, please.

11. "The Office" overstayed its welcome

"The Office" started out rough then it went on a season and a half too long if ya ask me. So, say goodbye to Michael Scott and hello to Leslie Knope because "Parks & Rec" takes the gold.

#changemymind