Remember That A Bad Minute Isn't A Bad Day And A Bad Day Isn't A Bad Life

If you're having a bad day...

43
Cloud Front
Remember that a bad minute isn't a bad day and a bad day isn't a bad life.

It seems so easy for us all to fall into negativity. A positive look on life seems like a concept that can be, at times, hard to envision.

I used to always wonder how other people could possibly be unhappy in life. I thought of some of the worst possible situations and thought of something that could be positive. But, honestly, until you're in the situation, you can't be the judge of how easily one could find happiness. Negativity literally masks everything good. It can be hard to overcome that.

Recently, I found myself being very negative about everything. I had one bad day and I just allowed myself to continue to dread on that, rather than seeing all the good there is in the world that I usually admire on a daily basis. It wasn't until I had a good day that I realize how much I let that one thing bring me down. I never understood how one could possibly be unhappy in this beautiful world, but I allowed myself to have more bad days than good for that time. Luckily, I made a change after the realization of what I had done. But, that may not always be easy, especially if we let it get to an extreme.

What I think we all need to realize, myself included, is how our attitudes affect all of those around us. A smile can make someone smile for, at least, a few seconds. Who knows, maybe that's the only time they smiled today? A hello can make someone feel recognized. Who knows, maybe they have been feeling very alone? A call or text telling someone how much they mean to you can make them feel appreciated. Who knows, maybe they have been feeling forgotten?

Every single action causes a chain reaction. Your positivity or negativity is noticed by those you come in contact with, whether you realize it or not. With all the antagonism we have all been seeing lately, everyone could use a little optimism.

So, if you're having a bad day... snap out of it. You are loved. You are alive. You live on this beautiful Earth. The sun will rise again tomorrow.

And if that isn't enough to put a smile on your face, watch this.

XO and best wishes,

Ashley Rose Corbin