How To Find My Prince Charming
relationships

I'm Just Like Every Other Girl In The World Who Is Chasing Her Prince Charming

Have you found your prince, or are you still waiting?

139
Photo by Foto Pettine on Unsplash

Just like every kid, when I was younger I loved a good fairy tale and a happy ending. Maybe not as much as some girls who dream about the exact wedding they want someday, I mean obviously I have thought about it but if and when I find the right guy, do I even want to get married. Growing up watching those movies, reading those kinds of books, and most likely seeing your grandparents, or your parent's relationships gives you an idea of what you may want someday. But not me I have had to come up with that on my own, I'm sure I'm not alone no family is perfect and I know that. I'm not sure if I will ever know what I truly want out of a relationship or if I want one at all.

Do I want the super serious one where we count every day, celebrate every anniversary, know each other more than we know ourselves, and just plain enjoy each others company? Sure, that sounds pretty great but also like a lot. Do I want my best friend to be the one that I love and every moment that we do get to spend together is the absolute best, sure sounds great too? Or do I want to stay single with my truck dog and horse, and just live it up. I want a relationship in which we love each other no matter what, in any situation, in all the hurt, and fights, and insecurities. Someday I wouldn't mind being swept off my feet, but honestly only want that to happen if it's the real thing.

I do what I can, and feel I have to right now to get by, trying not to cry every day just like every young woman growing up. Getting older just isn't easy, times are constantly getting harder, along with the people we deal with, and we allow ourselves to love someone who may not always love us back which is another thing that has to be dealt with. Like it isn't already hard enough to put ourselves out there in the slightest way. We constantly worry are we good enough, he deserves better, how could he possibly love me. I'm sure we love a lot of people throughout our lifetime, but those words get thrown out probably too easily at times.

When you do find that someone that you actually see yourself falling for you get scared s***less. How can we not? This guy is good to you though in every way, you like being around him, you enjoy your talks and jokes. He makes you laugh and you love him, but then again he is most likely using you. because in the end, we all use each other in one way or another, must be human nature. But do you care if you are happy when you are with him? We go through every day trying to avoid it, running from it constantly, the "IT" I am referring to is our freaking heart ladies. It makes us do some wild stuff, and sometimes we can't stop it. Let's be honest, which one do we say okay to more? our hearts or our brain? In the end, we are all messed up, I don't care how much you think you have your life together, because it's true we are all messed up in on way or another and that's okay. As long as were all messed up together right.

We are just waiting for that one guy to fall in our path that will be the one we have been waiting for. Our prince charming. The man who is going to care and take care of us when we need it. Who will give us a strong shoulder to cry on, cuddle with us when we're in the mood and tell us everything is going to be okay. That's the guy we all want. the one that is always honest with us even if it may hurt. The guy that actually cares about our feelings and wants to help. The one who will go on crazy adventures with us when the mood strikes, the man who pleases us in so many ways. We are just chasing our prince charming and there has got to be one out there for all of us. I suppose I should now say, don't settle for anything less than what you think you deserve!

As women we struggles to love ourselves just as much as we struggle to love anyone else. Just think to yourself right now what would your prince charming be like? For me, I am probably chasing that love that is the hardest to find. I want that unconditional love, the kind of love that we can just look into each other's eyes and fall more in love. WE laugh and joke all the time together. He is constantly putting a smile on my face, and always wants to give me a kiss or hug and hold my hand. That little kid stuff we used to get so shy to do. He would never be afraid to tell me how much he loves me. He would remember what I was wearing when we first met. He would always be there for me and be my #1 fan in life.

I may be throwing out a bunch of BS that no one has, I guess in the end we just all want someone to love us. We can be patient and wait for it to happen, or go out there and find it, or maybe it's right in front of us and we didn't realize, maybe your prince charming is your best friend and you knew it all along. In the end, this prince charming is just a figure in the shadows, what we all want is someone who will love us and only us, doesn't always have to be charing but knows unconditional love, and how to be true and faithful to us.