Relationships go through ups and downs, that's just the way it goes. Not everything is going to be perfect and it's time we stop expecting it to be. We live in a world full of distractions and stressors, don't let that be the downfall of a relationship that makes you truly happy. Learn to love hard, be patient, and be there for each other.

1. You don't have to love the same way

The hardest thing that I have had to deal with is realizing that we do not all love each other the same way. It is okay if they show love differently than you, what matters is if the love is there.

2. Patience is key

This is HUGE. Patience is so important in relationships and you have to take a step back and breathe. Things take time to take its proper shape. Rome was not built in a day.

3. Support each other, even when it isn't easy

You have to be there for each other no matter who is going through a hard time. You being there is a big sign telling them that you do care. Hold them, reassure them, and be there for them.

4. Nothing and no one is perfect

Relationships are not perfect and there is nothing that will ever change that. You will fight, you will question, and you will make changes. That is normal and expected. We make changes in order to build a stronger relationship.

5. Communication

If you are not communicating how you feel and what makes you feel that way then you really are not going to get anywhere. Humans are not mind-readers, we have to speak up when something bothers us in order to for it corrected.

6. And most importantly, love

Remember the love that you have for each other. Wrap each other in it and help each other through this time of struggle. Love never fails.