How To Get In Shape For Summer

How To Get In Shape For Summer

Caution: Beach Season Approaching

603
How To Get In Shape For Summer

Well, it's that time of year again. Your New Year's Resolution of working out every day has gone out the door, and your promise to be spring break-ready has come and gone. But do not fret. If you feel like you want to do some working out before summer comes, there is still time.

Start small.

You don't have to be lifting 250 pounds and running 18 miles your first day. Remember, you have made this commitment. You are there because you want to be. Start small. You can start with a jog or a few crunches. Whatever makes you feel comfortable is all that matters. Don't get intimated. You got this.

Find a gym buddy.

Sometimes finding motivation to work out by yourself is difficult. Finding someone to help push you could be beneficial. When you're feeling down, your gym partner can be the one to inspire you to keep moving forward. Find someone who makes you push your limits.

Don't overdo it.

Do not start going to the gym twice a day for six days. You need to have rest days, otherwise your body will never be in recovery mode. You can easily injure yourself, which is the last thing you're trying to accomplish right now.

Make sure to stretch.

Another way to injure yourself is to not stretch. I know it is time consuming and everyone hates it, but stretching is the most important part of a workout. You do not want to pull something in the beginning of your workout. Also, stretching after your workout as a cool down is just as essential.

Be patient.

Do not expect to do 100 crunches and have rock solid abs tomorrow. Good things take time, so have some patience. Results will come, but not right away. Stay motivated and the hard work will begin to pay off.

Have faith.

Dedicating yourself to a new task is no easy job. It takes time, but you have the chance to do this! You can do this! Believe in yourself and don't doubt your capabilities!! Good luck and remember summer is coming soon:)