Holiday Self-Care Ideas For Finals Season

How to maintain functioning during the most stressful season of all.

86

As many of you know, finals season is only one week away and everyone is getting stressed as heck. It's easy for your studying to take over your entire life for the next two or three weeks and fall out of the rhythm of functioning like a normal person. With the stressors of finals season, here are some self-care activities and tasks that can motivate you to the end of the semester:

1. Drink Hot Chocolate

It's cold outside and everyone is counting down to Holiday break. There's nothing better than having a sweet treat to help calm your nerves while studying. With a short burst of caffeine in chocolate, it's the perfect boost to finish that last assignment or hour of studying.

2. Watch A Holiday Movie

Kelsey Thomas

Watching a holiday movie can be a good source of some activity, background noise, and motivate you towards the finish line of break. It not only helps you stay positive, but can boost your spirits and create a calm and peaceful environment for studying.

3. Look At Holiday Lights

There is nothing more exciting than seeing holiday lights whether it is in your dorm room, a night out on the town, or walking around your neighborhood. Taking a walk to enjoy them or seeing others decorations is a good way to boost positivity and spread holiday cheer with others. Putting up your Christmas tree is a good way to start putting up holiday lights for the season.

4. Bake

Public Domain

Whether it is making holiday cookies, pie, or homemade hot chocolate, this is a great way to soothe any anxiety and stress. The simply task of making a sweet treat is in the end so rewarding. Thank yourself for doing something good for your sole. Sharing baked goods with others can relieve others stress and help prosper study time with a group of people who are going through the same difficult period of time as you are.

5. Listen To Holiday Music

There is almost never a dull moment with listening to holiday music. Not only does it boost your spirits, but if it's just the right beat, it can spark extreme motivation. This is perfect for studying for the class you absolutely hate or that has taken up all of your time for the semester. A few top pop holiday songs for an energy boot are "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey, all the Pentatonix and Michael Bublé Christmas songs and "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Darlene Love.

6. Do Some Retail Therapy For Yourself

Some retail therapy during finals season may be the very thing you need, whether it is a comfy pair of pajamas, a new pair of winter boots, lots of socks, and loads of sweaters. Shopping online is fun, but visiting in-store can really help to get into the holiday season. Treat yourself right this season by rewarding yourself.

Pace yourself this holiday and finals season. Practicing lots of self-care will be beneficial in the long run to do well on exams and having a nice holiday season.