self worth

Self-Confidence Is Great, But Knowing Your Self-Worth Is So Much Greater

Know yourself, know your worth.

395

If you keep up with my blog, then you know that confidence is something that I have never struggled with.

Quick back story: as a very young girl, my mom instilled in my brain that confidence is everything, and it is. Some would say I'm "cocky" or "full of myself" when in reality I simply love myself. Self-love is everything. You have to be able to love yourself before you can correctly love someone else, I'm a firm believer in that. But with self-love comes self-worth, knowing your worth.

Self-worth is something that I have struggled with in the past. Everyone does, even guys. So keep on reading, boys.

I didn't get familiar with my self-worth until a year and a half ago. And let me just say, I'm a completely different person now that I know what I'm worth.

I am worth everything.

And so are you. I now know how I'm supposed to be treated and I refuse to settle for anything less, in relationships with a significant other, friendships, and relationships with family. You are the only person that can control how others treat you. Set yourself on a pedestal and set the stage high so there's no excuse for people to treat you poorly because you are worth it.

Let's face it, this generation sucks at being committed. You're either in a very committed, long-term relationship, and very happy I might add, or you're "playing the field" and someone is bound to get hurt or attached. Determining how a significant other should treat you shouldn't be hard. Whether you're a girl or a guy, you should treat the other with respect and love at all times. Heck, you should treat every human with respect. But when the relationship takes a turn for the worst and everything is toxic, you shouldn't stick around and be treated poorly because you love someone.

Love yourself enough to not let anyone treat you poorly. When you know your self-worth then you know how you're supposed to be treated. Don't let someone convince you that you're worthless, because you're not.

Knowing your self-worth doesn't just apply to relationships, it applies to friendships as well. If your so-called "friend" makes you feel small and less than human then they're treating, you poorly. You're worth more than that. This applies to family as well. Not everyone has a family that is full of rainbows and butterflies. Some people have life rough, and that's okay. But know when you need to stop taking negativity from someone.

Self-worth is something that needs to be known for every aspect of your life.

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. Know that you were made to do amazing, extraordinary, successful things. You weren't made to be mediocre or to settle for less. DO NOT SETTLE. Do not settle in an area in your life, your relationships, friendships, jobs, hobbies, nothing should be compromised.

You are worth so much more than what people say or do. Other people's opinions don't matter. If you know who you are and what you bring to the table I can assure you that your life will be filled with a lot less B.S. and a lot more happiness, and happiness is what life is about.

Know yourself, know your worth, love yourself, and live the happiest of lives. So hold your head high, and KNOW that you ARE worth it.