heartbreak love emotion
relationships

Poetry On Odyssey: Heartbreak Szn

A collection of poems capturing every emotion of heartbreak from my perspective.

222
Poetry On Odyssey: Heartbreak Szn
Yuvraj Singh

I cried into you, using my tears as water for your roots.

Only a love like this could produce something so beautiful yet tragic.

I can still feel the tracings of your fingers on my back, so gentle and kind.

You cried into me, using your tears as water for my roots.

Only a love like this could produce such happiness yet pain.

We wanted each other badly but not bad enough.

We cried into each other, using our tears for roots

Only a love like this could produce something once in a lifetime yet it wasn't meant to last a lifetime.

The story of the intimate breakup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you left my happiness chased after you. Please return her to me. She's lost.

Come back, I will meet you halfway.

I know this is scary for us both.

How does one prepare for love they were not ready for?

We connect. We connect as deeply or distantly as we allow.

But please, may we maintain a connection, so I can still be held and comforted on days where only you feel like home.

I will establish outside connections, opening the idea of love from all directions including and excluding you all at once.

I am not ready to let you go.

I still believe in this.

I still believe in us.

It wasn't summertime and especially not Fourth of July but boy, we made fireworks fly. Though it's supposed to be cold in Winter, all I remember that year is your warmth. During Spring, we went to Disney. They call it the happiest place on Earth, but my happy place is you. When we finally saw summer, you told me you didn't need me to see the sunshine.

-3 seasons

What a shame boys don't get to play with Barbie's. So, they choose life-sized women instead.

-I am not your toy.

If deception had a face

It would be yours

And if envy had a face

It would be mine

Anger.

Soul lit on fire.

Fuming.

Sadness.

Tears streaming like river.

Aching.

Destroy.

Use tongue as weaponry.

Killing.

Any hopes of you coming back.

Sometimes I wonder if you hear them

My prayers for your happiness

I know they are between God and I

But I wonder if he whispers them into your dreams

I came searching for answers to questions you hadn't even asked yourself

-do you miss me?

I search for you in places I know you'll never be. I like to think that's God's way of protecting me.

I spend a lot of time sleeping lately.

• -We are together in my dreams

The only thing that hurts more than betrayal is the act of forgiveness

-For my peace of mind

If you had asked me if I believed that we'll cross paths again, before this I would have said indefinitely. Now, I say I hope so. My heart will leave a door open for you to creep back into someday.

-goodbye for now