When we read titles like that, we usually think about romantic relationships, not today!
Let Daenne's Journal take your mind to a new direction.
When I read verses like Psalm 139:13-14 " For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." My confidence level always rise up on many areas of my life.
When it comes to relationships, we usually tell our friends do not settle, you are worth more than this, you are this you are that which are all good things. But, what about all the other aspects of life? Why do we often put romantic relationships as the center of the universe? Were we not created for far more than that? Aren't we kingdom children called to be part of the advancement of the kingdom by making disciples and succeed in everything we do? Aren't we called to first seek the kingdom of God?
I find it interesting that we give our loved ones advice on whether or not they are settling in relationships, but find it okay that they are settling for everything else in life.
I do not like to see anyone go through heartbreaks or settle for less in relationships because I have been through some heartbreaks and it is not pretty. But, I have learned that settling for less in the other aspects of life can affect us negatively as well. There is no age limit when it comes to having dreams and following them.The one person's story who inspires me the most is my dad's. I do not usually mention him in my articles or any public post because this is not his thing. But, he had a goal, left home, went elsewhere for a better life, worked on that goal, succeed, went back home with other goals, fulfill them, succeed, and working on more goals. He is nearly 60 and this man has not stopped working. I have never met anyone more hardworking than my father, my rock, my daddy (can you tell I'm still daddy's girl at heart).
What I found out is that many times we settle for less in life because we don't know our purpose (that is a big one). We might know our purpose, but forget that God is the creator of the universe, author of our story and He has a day and a time for everything to come to pass. God has been working on my patience on so many levels Daenne's Journal Fam. My mindset is usually "I want it, I want it now", can you relate? I mean, who likes to wait? if you do, man God bless you. I don't even like to wait for the commercials on YouTube. I often just give up watching something I had my mind set to watch on YouTube just because the skip button is not coming up. Thirty seconds=too long of a wait for me. It took me a while to realize that I was like that in other areas of my life. My impatience led me to settle for less than what God had for me so many time, and I do not want that for you.There are thoughts that I have sometimes which later make me think "you think God needs your help to accomplish His plans for your life?" The answer to this is a big NO for both you and I.
In what area of your life are you settling for less? Are you perhaps "being impatient"? Have you asked yourself if that is God's plan for your life?
As Children of God, we should commit our plans to Him and let him establish our steps (Proverbs 16:3). Pray, do your part, be patient and let God handle this!
If you don't remember anything else I said, just remember the following: Wait on God! Trust His GPS! DO NOT SETTLE WHILE YOU WAIT! What He has for you is always better than what you are settling for!
Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
- From The Girl That Isn't Ready To Settle Down At 20 ›
- Young Women Like Me Are Settling Down, NOT Settling For Less ›
- The Benefits And Negatives Of The Neolithic Revolution ›
- Never Settle ›
- Don't Settle For The Love You "Think" You Deserve But What you ... ›
- Don't Settle ›
- Christian Boys Vs. Godly Men ›
- To The Person Having A Quarter Life Crisis, Don't Settle Just To ... ›
- Stop Saying Marriage Is Settling Down ›
- I'm an unmarried 29 year old not settled in a job. I am mature but I ... ›
- 40 Quotes To Inspire You To Not Settle For Mediocrity ... ›
- This Is How You Know You're Not Settling For Less Than You Deserve ›
- 5 Ways to Stop Settling for Less Than You Deserve | Psychology ... ›
- 4 Reasons Not to Settle in a Relationship | Psychology Today ›
- For Those Who Are Determined To “Never Settle” in Life. ›
- 11 Warning Signs That You're Settling For Less In Life ›
- 9 Habits of People Who Never Settle for Mediocrity | Inc.com ›
- Why You Should Never Settle ›