To The Person Having Their Quarter Life Crisis

To The Person Having A Quarter Life Crisis, Don't Settle Just To keep Up

The quarter life crisis is far too real.

340

So if you're reading this, you are probably in your twenties. Going to college or just getting out of college into the real world. Your love life is DOA (Dead On Arrival) and your usual date night are with Netflix and the pint of Talenti in your fridge. No shame because this is me every other weekend.

media0.giphy.com

Now I'm just going to get straight to the point. A lot of us millennials have friends or family members who are jumping the broom (getting married) or trading their shot glasses for bottles of formula. You got all the invitations you've gotten in the mail pinned your fridge so you don't forget what days. You have to head over to Ross to get several weddings outfits, sometimes you a designated outfit for weddings. You and your single friends are always at the designated "singles table" and fake smile for the picture while we are asking ourselves "What am I doing with my life?" or "Why can't I find anybody?"

media1.giphy.com

And if you're a bridesmaid, you're trying to make the dress the bride picked work while getting hit on by half of the groom's family.

media1.giphy.com

Then there are your friends who are having kids left and right and see a daily pregnancy announcement on your timeline. When I tell you the amount I've spent on gifts for baby showers and birthday presents, you would think I was doing short-term payments to the student loan office. We love kids don't get us wrong but some of us aren't really ready for kids yet or don't want them at all. Hell, there are times people are asked by friends to hold their kids and will hold a baby mid-air and ask what to do with it.

media2.giphy.com

But we have those family members that ask us "When are you going to find somebody special?" or "When are you going to give me some grandkids?" The friend group that you started young adulthood with are popping out a new baby every eight months. Meanwhile, you're that cool aunt that babysits but ready to hand them back to their parents a the end of the night.

assets.rbl.ms

Now you're probably feeling a lot of emotions and self-evaluating yourself about what you think you're doing wrong.

media3.giphy.com

Scared that you'll end up being that old maid that will be trying to relive her younger years.

media2.giphy.com

No lie, I've had times where I thought of being in the world records book for owning the most cats or dogs in your house.

media1.giphy.com

I'm here to tell you that there is nothing wrong with you. It's okay to be picky. It's okay to be on your own. It's okay that you have a plan for your life and want to wait. There's no timeline that we're supposed to follow. We don't need to grow up so fast. It's okay to be selfish and want more out of life before you settle down. You're young and if you have dreams, go for them. If you want to wait for the right time, there's nothing wrong with that. You are your own person and you are the captain of your ship on the journey that is your life. So get off the couch and turn off Netflix and go live your best life!

media0.giphy.com