11 Cute And Trendy Themes For Any Graduation Party

A Dr. Seuss-themed party? Sign me up.

1069
Public Domain Image

It is currently April, which means that graduation is coming in hot! If you're like me, you already have a Pinterest board made for your party. But if not, it's OK — you have come to the right place! Whether it's high school or college, you could use any of these themes to make the party look and feel the best it could be.

1. School colors

So this is kind of a basic one, but you can also have a ton of fun with it! Check out your school's store and see if there are any decorations available for purchase. If not, just get items in your school's colors and go on with your party. You could even do a mix of hues of one of the colors, such as for blue: mint, turquoise, navy, etc.

2. Luau

Graduation party season = summer! Go tropical themed and people will go (coco)nuts! OK that might not have been the best pun, haha! But, if you feel like a luau theme is the one for you go for it. Play some Hawaiian tunes, hand out leis, and serve those drinks with umbrellas. Optional tropical dress code? I think so!

3. Pretty in pink

Personally, my absolute favorite color is pink so I love this idea. Have pink everything! You can mismatch patterns, pick out different shades, and make everything look bright and cheery, just in time for summer!

4. Sports

If your favorite pastime is watching a game, or if you just enjoy sports in general, then this is for you. Include your favorite sports in the decorations, activities, etc. And for the adult guests attending, maybe even include a sports bar!

5. Broadway

For the actor/actress reading this, this screams you! Incorporate big lights, a stage (if possible), the traditional red curtains, definitely gold, and for the favors hand out microphone cookies! Play some classic Broadway tunes for background music and offer trivia about it.

6. Classic (black, white, and gold)

It seems like the classic graduation party theme involves black, white, and gold... at least that's what it seemed like when I was looking up ideas for my own party. This theme is nice because conveniently there are many different items available in stores everywhere that go with this. It also looks very nice and traditional, which is something many enjoy!

7. Preppy

If you are more of a preppy graduate, this sounds up your alley. The party is for you, so do a theme that represents you. You have a lot of options with this theme, you could do cute patterns like Lilly Pulitzer, you could do just preppy colors, or you could have your guests dress preppy. The ball is truly in your court with this theme.

8. Varsity

This one is kind of similar to the sports theme, but with a twist. If you were a varsity athlete, show it! Include your varsity letter(s), and use varsity font for all words included at the party. Include stripes as well, these are pretty popular in the varsity theme.

9. Childhood classics

Go back to your childhood with this one! Include your favorite food as a kid, such as chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Do games where your guests have to guess favorite TV shows, Disney characters, etc. You could have a lot of fun with this theme, and your parents probably will too!

10. Favorite fashion designer

This is very popular with girls, especially Kate Spade-themed. When I was looking up ideas for my own party this even came up a lot. Kate Spade often has the black, white, and gold with pink accents, but you could always do another designer you like as well. Gucci, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. Choose your favorite designer — this works especially well if you will be attending or graduated from a school for design.

11. Dr. Seuss ("Oh, the Places You'll Go!")

Last one! This theme is mainly about what the future holds. You could include a map or globe, use the traditional and bright Dr. Seuss colors, and be super creative with the food and drinks. This theme will also allow for endless rhymes and clever wording

I hope you enjoy throwing or attending a graduation party, or both, this spring/summer. Hopefully these theme ideas helped a lot, I know I will be having a hard time choosing between a couple I mentioned!