A Goodbye Letter To My Fellow Senior Volleyball Teammates

I can't wait to see you all succeed.

1363
Amy Dixon

I'm going to miss playing with every single one of you. From messing around in our early morning practices to listening and singing our hearts out to music on our long bus rides, I wouldn't have wanted to develop such strong relationship or go so far with another group of courageous and beautiful young women.

Every time we gathered for tryouts in the late summer none of us would want to do the circuit running, the endurance or muscle training, but at the end of the day, we were all glad to be back together on the court. Finally when regular practices began we all dreaded hearing, “Get on the blackline," but we all know that coach was just trying to make us stronger. Every time we stepped out onto the court whether we were playing the number one team in our class or the lowest ranking team we gave it our all. We fought until the very last point of every match. Having you all by my side was something everyone should experience. You aren't just another part of the senior class or just another player on the volleyball team, you're my family. Of course, we didn't all get along with each other each minute of every game but the next day when we came into practice everything was back to the way it was.

We all talked and laughed about our mistakes from the game before and just worked on improving the one thing you did wrong. Even the mistakes didn't get to us because every single one of us had made plenty. Some more memorable than others. Day by day, hour after hour, minute after minute, and second by second we all knew that all of this was going to end eventually whether we wanted it to or not.

When we were the juniors saying goodbye and giving the seniors their gifts we never thought that our time would come. Finally, leading up to our senior night when we had to make our posters that went on the gym wall, when the “We Love our Seniors" banner had our names on it, when we didn't have to plan to get the gifts or come up with a speech to read is when it finally all really sank in. The heartbreaking moment was finally here and I'd do anything to relive it just one more time with all of you.

Since high school is ending and soon enough we'll have our senior nights for the other sports we play, I just want to wish you all the best of luck in life. You're all strong, smart, beautiful, and brave. You give your absolute one hundred percent in everything you do and I couldn't be more proud to call you a teammate and apart of my family. I can't wait to see what you do beyond high school and college.