Summer Is Over, But Fall Is The Superior Season Anyway

I Don't Care That Summer Is Over, It's Time For Us Fall Fanatics To Shine

The only thing better than a hot girl summer is a fun girl fall.

8
Woman posing candidly underneath a tree while autumn leaves fall midair
paige piskin on pexels.com

Don't get me wrong, summer can be entertaining: the beach days, sun-kissed skin, the cookouts, the whole aesthetic of the season. However, if you're like me, you can only handle the stench of body odor in the air and the sensation of being so extremely sweaty that you feel ~moist~ for so long. Sand in every possible orifice in your body irritates you to end and your skin chafes too easily with the heat. Summer is cool, but you can't flourish.

No need to fear, fall is coming, AKA the most superior season.

Pumpkin-flavored everything, sweater weather, football nights, Thanksgiving, spooky time. If fall isn't your absolute fave season, you need to reevaluate your life decisions. Nothing compares to crisp autumn air. It's a fact, autumn just hits different.

Personally, I am not a fan of pumpkin but when Dunkin' pulls out pumpkin coffee and pumpkin muffins, you know your time has come. What I do enjoy is picking out pumpkins in patches and either carving or decorating them. Plus, emptying out pumpkin guts is one of the best parts. Slimy, yet satisfying. Someone should really do that for an ASMR video. Honorable mentions of fall flavors: cinnamon, apple, maple, caramel. What signature flavor does summer have? Saltwater?

The perfect temperature, when you can wear the famous fall outfit: a sweater, leggings, boots, a scarf, tied up with a bun on top of your head, and not swear nor freeze. Even if the wind is a tad more harsh than usual, you can count on a hot drink to warm you right up. Your closet is an endless pit of cardigans and pullovers just begging to be worn. While #OOTD mirror pics seem to be out of popularity, you can't resist the urge. Look at the denim skirt!

I'm from New England where Tom Brady is not only viewed as our team quarterback but that of a god. If you were on your school's football team, you were automatically viewed as a higher being. And I was a cheerleader, freezing my tush off on the sidelines. It's basically like a continuous "Friday Night Lights." Do you know what fall brings? Football season! Wrapped up in a blanket, hot drink in your hand, watching your high school get creamed by their rivals. While your high school may suck at the game, there's always the NFL to bring up your spirits.

The time of year where letting your spooky sideshow is normal. There are Halloween movies on 24/7 and all stores have costumes and decor to make your little heart go crazy. Plus, you've been planning your costume all year and now you get to finally show it off. If you could move to Halloweentown, you totally would. Let's not forget Thanksgiving, an endless pit of delicious food. Broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, pie, need I say more? While hearing your family fight over politics at the dinner table isn't entertaining, who cares when they have food heaven in front of them?

Get your Instagram feeds ready for an array of reds, oranges, and browns because not only is fall the best season, it also brings the most aesthetically pleasing pics.