Fall In New York

As a Floridian, there's an abundance of different things to love about New York. Now that fall is here, I am excited about many things.

1. The cooler weather

After a hot summer, the cooler air is refreshing. It isn't too hot and it isn't too cold, it's just right.

2. The leaves!

Seeing the beautiful leaves can make just about anyone smile. Walking in the woods and seeing the leaves in various colors is so stunning.

4. Hot drinks

Yes, the pumpkin spice latte is another popular fall staple, but being able to enjoy it as well as a nice cup of hot cocoa is soothing.

5. Thanksgiving

I've always loved Thanksgiving. Not only because of the food but because my family would be together. Now that I'm away from my family, I'm so excited to be surrounded by good food and warmth.

6. Halloween

Dressing up for Halloween was always fun for me as a kid. Once I got older, the fun stopped. I can't wait to see what college has in store for Halloween.

7. Knowing the holidays will be here soon

Similar to Thanksgiving, knowing Christmas, Hanukah, and Kwanzaa are less than 100 days away is exciting. The food and warmth in the air are amazing. There is something special in the air that is simply hard to explain.

8. Daylight savings time

Knowing it gets dark out earlier and getting an extra hour of sleep back is exciting. Since a lot of us are in college or working and we are tired a lot, sleep is a beautiful thing.

9. Football

Although I'm not the biggest fan of football, going to the games and cheering on for my team (go Seawolves) is exciting. Watching the game in the cold weather or in the comfort of your home is relaxing or stressful depending on how passionate you are about the sport.

10. The food!

There's nothing like having a hot soup or warm dessert in the colder months. Stuffing, casserole, mashed potatoes, etc. is like getting a warm hug! Bonus points if it's pumpkin flavored.