Just Because The Weather Is Changing Doesn’t Mean It’s 'Cuffing Season'
relationships

If you are just looking for a "cuddle buddy" this season your intentions probably aren't good anyways.

411

The temperatures are dropping. The leaves on the trees are changing. You are starting to sleep with a few more blankets than usual. Girls are starting to wear sweaters and leggings again. Guys are starting to wear those jeans their mom bought them, but they've hidden in the back of their closet behind all the Chubbies and Khaki shorts they own. Football is back, and flannels are now in style. Whether they are around a girl's waist or being worn the right way for warmth. Pumpkin spice lattes are back in every coffee shop.

All these things can only mean one thing. It is finally fall.

But wait a second, what's missing? Are you single and all the sudden the change in temperature is motivating you to mingle? Are you now accepting applications for that cuddle buddy? Are you rushing around to find that person to hold your hand in the haunted house you want to go to? Or maybe that person that you are going to bring home to mom and dad during Thanksgiving? That's just it. In 2018 fall isn't even known to be fall anymore. I've seen more Tweets, Snapchats and Instagram posts about it being "cuffing season" rather than it finally being the best time of the year. Fall seems to be the prime time every year that people are randomly entering in relationships. Fall seems to be the time where girls start to post and publicize that they are extra lonely and want a "cuddle buddy." My news to you is it is fall, you are single, and that is totally OK.

The temperature shouldn't determine your relationship status

For girls:

I know it's hard to be single because it's cold but grab a sweater and bundle up. Ladies, you don't need a man to keep you warm. North Face makes some quality jackets that will never let you down. Also, Starbucks makes a bomb pumpkin spice latte that will leave you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside just like a boy will. Yes, it is frustrating because you don't have a partner to watch the scary movie with under three blankets. Yes, I know it's depressing watching your friend who is in a relationship be all snuggled up with her boyfriend on Snapchat. But, let me just let you in on a little secret. Girl friends will do the exact same thing for you. They will cuddle with you. They will watch the scary movie with you and hold your hand the entire time. They most definitely get coffee with you so once again if you're looking for physical warmth don't depend on a man. Depend on and invest in a few jackets. If you're looking for emotional warmth get you a group of girlfriends, three or four is better than one man anyways.

For guys:

This is going to be short and sweet if you are just looking for a "cuddle buddy" this season your intentions probably aren't good anyways. Sorry not sorry

Your parents just want to see you.

For girls and guys:

Unless your parents are the parents that continuously ask you if you are seeing anyone, or your mom is that mom that is always wanting to know if you are crushing on someone. Chances are as you go home for Thanksgiving this year, mom and dad probably could care less if you are bringing a boy or girl home. Thanksgiving is a time for family. Period. It is a time to be thankful for family and friends and to spend quality time with them. Thanksgiving isn't the time to be introducing your new "cuddle buddy" to mom and dad after 2 weeks of watching movies in your college dorm together. If you're like me and are an out of state student, chances are it has been a minute since your mom and dad have seen you. With that being said, they are probably going to want your full, undivided attention when you go home. They aren't going to be worried about you bringing someone home this holiday season so why are you stressing? Plus, if you are also like me and have a huge family, it is one more mouth to feed.

Being single in the fall is fun!

Take it from someone who entered a relationship last fall. We went to movies together, enjoyed snow days together when classes got canceled. Bonfires, cuddle sessions, lots of coffee, and lots of presents during the holiday season. The whole nine yards and it was nothing short of amazing. This season seems to be a season of singleness for me and it is just as exciting as when I had a boyfriend. Fall can be a fun season to be in while single if you allow it to be.

Don't let a boy or girl determine whether you are going to enjoy these next few months before the new year comes. Don't let loneliness overtake you during this season. Have a pumpkin spice latte outside at your local Starbucks as you watch Netflix. Watch 25 Days of Christmas on ABC with your girlfriends or guy friends at home. Put that sweater and North Face jacket on to keep you warm because they are way more reliable and better quality than any girl or guy anyways. Enjoy your cozy fleece blanket that sits on your bed and sprawl out when going to sleep without worrying about someone being next to you. Bask in the crisp air that hits your face as your walking to class with your books in your hands instead of another hand in your hand. Do that DIY project that you've been looking at on Pinterest. And lastly, enjoy this season but, enjoy this season while being single.