Call It A Cliche, But Distance Really Does Make The Heart Grow Fonder

Love is great and all, but when you're miles away it kind of sucks.

Jgorman
Jgorman
100

Let me be honest when I say that I did not expect to feel the way as much as I do... you're probably wondering why. I am in an amazing new place and meeting new people on the daily and lastly adventuring more than I ever have in my life. Yet for some reason, my brain always leaves me room to miss him.

Though this is a struggle that I am currently facing it has taught me that distance definitely makes the heart grown even more than I thought it could. It makes me think of all the small things that I often take for granted when I am home. Whether that means just being a 10-minute drive away from his house, or being able to spend weekends together, being so far really makes me miss the simple things.

At the same time, it makes me even more grateful that I have someone that I care so much for that even when I am miles and miles away I wish that I was with. Since I am in such an amazing place, it also makes me wish that he could visit me and that we would be able to share this experience, I don't only want it all for me as I would much rather share it with someone that I love.

Missing someone is definitely a hard part of traveling and exploring but at the same time it makes leaving a little easier because you know that you have someone waiting for you back at home. Someone that is waiting to hear all your stories and ask you all about your adventures once you finally get home for your travels. I love the experience that I am getting and know that leaving here will be very, very, hard yet at the same time the little things back home and that special someone makes it all a little bit easier.

My heart is growing every day and it understands the challenges of distance and a different time zone every day. Though nothing can get in the way of him and me...not even a different time zone.