Exploring The Korean Beauty Product Trend: Benefits Of Products, Reasons For Popularity

The reasons for continuous nature of this trend are beneficial for both your skin and wallet.

1828
The Skin Care Blog

The internet has opened the door for many businesses to gain customers. Retail and clothing stores have been able to take advantage of online shopping. The cosmetic industry is another group that has been able to use the internet as a business tool, especially providers from other countries.

The Korean beauty industry has recently taken the world by storm, and the popularity is due to the game changing products and the accessibility of the products. Marie Claire, a beauty and fashion magazine and website, has named Korea the new skin care superpower, considering them approximately 12 years ahead of global skin care innovation.

What about Korea has created such a skincare powerhouse? Charlotte Cho, founder sokoglam.com, an online store whose main focus are Korean beauty products, explains the mentality as a combination between high expectations and reasonable prices.

“Koreans are serious about their skin care. They also know what they want—innovation, gentle ingredients, pleasing packaging—and they definitely don’t want to pay a fortune for it,” Cho said.

Different Korean created beauty methods, such as BB creams and Cushion Compact makeup have made their way to the west, and have also been adapted by western cosmetic companies such as Lancôme and Rimmel London. BB cream, which was created in Germany but popularized in Korea, is a makeup product that acts as foundation, moisturizer, anti-aging cream and sunscreen.

Cushion Compact makeup, brings the wonder of a BB cream into the travel-size container that features a compact mirror.

Another plus side of the Korean skincare and makeup, is the fun and cute packaging. Tonymoly, a global cosmetic brand that specializes in Korean beauty products, is one of the cosmetic producers that makes purchasing and applying beauty products fun and entertaining with adorable packaging.

One of Tonymoly’s products, a peach infused hand cream, comes in a container shaped like a peach. The company also provides perfume bars that are found in cute, bunny-shaped applicators.

Natural ingredients are also a benefit to using Korean beauty products. Korean cosmetic brands tend to avoid chemical ingredients and instead incorporate natural elements like green tea, bamboo sap and bee venom. Even the masks, both sheet and wash-off are infused with herbs and real ingredients.

These products use the natural healing and moisturizing properties of these ingredients to treat the skin and keep it happy and healthy.

The Korean beauty products are not only good for your skin, they are also kind to your wallet and easy to find.

Different Koreatowns in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Huston have several different cosmetic stores specializing in these beauty products, and many Korean cosmetic brands have products available for purchase online. Both of these things make it is easy for American customers to join the fun with the new beauty trend.

The price of the products are also reasonable, and even a person with a tight budget can find a moisturizing sheet mask for only $2.

Korean beauty products have taken the cosmetic industry by storm, and they have continued to create new products with innovative beauty techniques.

With these new innovations, the recent trend of Korean cosmetics will not be stopping anytime soon.