25 Things We've Wanted To Say To Our Exes At Least Once

Because "it's not you, it's me" doesn't quite cut it.

114
Unsplash

At some point following a difficult breakup, most of us have probably thought once or twice or many times about reaching back out to our exes. Maybe we want to tell them something we couldn't find the words for before, maybe we want to scream curses at them until our voices crack, or maybe we just want to tell them we love them and that we're sorry it had to end this way.

Whatever the case may be, here's a pretty inclusive list of most of the things you've probably thought about telling your ex (and hopefully, you never did):

1. "F*ck you"

2. "This is definitely your loss"

3. "Not surprised to hear you're still single"

4. "I hate that I still think about you"

5. "You really were awful in bed"

6. "What the hell was I thinking?"

7. "Us breaking up was the best thing to ever happen to me"

8. "I miss you sometimes"

9. "Did I really mean so little to you?"

10. "I hope she/he is everything you could ever want"

11. "I deserve better than you/You deserve better than me"

12. "Was she/he really worth cheating on me for?"

13. "I hope you're happy"

14. "I loved you, but I've moved on now"

15. "Again, f*ck you"

16. "I'm happier than I've ever been"

17. "I hate what you did to me"

18. "What's lower— the way you treated me, or your standards?"

19. "Best decision I ever made"

20. "I hope you still think about me"

21. "Did you ever even love me?"

22. "I don't think I'll ever forgive you"

23. "It just wasn't meant to be— it's neither of our faults"

24. "I knew you were too good to be true"

25. "I love you, but I'm letting you go"

Whoever they are, they're probably not worth chasing down again just so you can relive the heartbreak all over again. Let the memories of them fade away and I promise you, you'll be happier in time.