Here's How Many Bodies a Typical College Student Has

What's Your Number? Here's How Many 'Bodies' The Typical College Student Has

I asked 100+ college students what their body count was, and oh my god.

160
https://unsplash.com/search/photos/flirting
Unsplash

Nope, this doesn't mean how many people you killed (and I really seriously hope no one got that mixed up on my poll).

Urban Dictionary described the "body count" as "how many people you've has sex with"—this is either talked about way too much or not enough.

The responses I got were either super cute or super duper honest.

I asked two important questions: what's your number? And how do you feel about it?

Let's start with the lowest: 0.

Out of the 100 students I asked, a whopping 17% or 14 people said their count was zero.

Most said that they were completely comfortable with it: here's why

"Yes, because it shows that I'm saving myself for the right person. It also shows that I have a great deal of self-control."

And that you do, whether it's a religion or just a personal choice: I completely respect ya and applaud you.

Here's another one:

"Yes. Sex is a serious thing, and I think that most people in our society don't take it seriously. We're comfortable with sleeping around and giving away the most precious and vulnerable things±our bodies. I'm not saying that I'm going to wait until marriage, but I want to wait until I've found someone who will value me and who I trust to see me at my most vulnerable."

I'm excited for you to find the right one! Best wishes.

Let's switch it up, here's a person who is NOT comfortable with such a low number.

"No, I feel at my age if you haven't had sex people judge you. They call you a prude and every guy you talk to thinks it's crazy that 'someone as beautiful as you has never been with anyone.'"

Well, lady, I hope that the responses above can calm you down. Everyone moves at different paces,no matter what age you are own your body count number. You'll get there—no worries.

Everything happens for a reason.

Plus, you're not too far away from these people, 20 people said that they have only slept with ONE person.

You have those who have waited for the right one and are super happy about it. I mean just listen to this person!

"Yeah, because he's the person I'm most comfortable around with and the person I want to be with for the rest of my life. I'm so grateful that I waited for him."

"Yes! I knew I was with the right person when I lost my virginity and we're still together after all these years."

So, I mean waiting can be worth it. So here's a person who only wants the one body for their lifetime.

"Yes, I am very comfortable with that number. I have only had one serious boyfriend enough to sleep with. We've been together for 8 and I do not plan on adding to my number."

Those with 5-10 "bodies" (which made up more than half of my poll) said that they really don't care about their number and that they're having "fun."

More bodies, more power to ya.. right? Sometimes, that number can show growth—in more ways than one.

"Yeah because I feel like it accurately describes me going through all the steps. I lost my virginity to get it over with the first one, when that fling didn't work out I had a hoe phase and now I'm with my very committed relationship."

Sometimes, it can be a learning experience. Here's what one student said:

"Totally! All experiences have taught me more about myself. I regret one occasion, but even that time came with learned lessons."

You can learn lessons from people—which helps you grow. and after all—your body count DOESN'T define you.

"I guess it's not really a huge deal to me because not everyone is open to sex and I don't think a body count should define someone on how sexually active they are or whether they're experienced or not, and so on. At the end of the day, I don't think it should really be a big deal on what someone's number is, as long as they're doing what makes them most comfortable and happy (and sexy)."

And some people, still want more. *wink, wink*

"Not really, kinda wish I had more. Feel like it's low for my age and in my 20s I just want to experiment and have fun!"

Although, more and more people think that sometimes a body count is the most important thing about someone, some people politely disagree. Just like this "poll taker" and honestly, no matter his/her count I seriously respect the heck out of them:

"Honestly that's just a guess, I stopped counting a long time ago but my number is in that area. I don't really care about my number and I think any potential long-term partner who does is very close-minded. As long as I'm being safe (which I am) there is no reason for it to matter. Having sex with a lot of people is okay and the stigma around it sucks! I'm comfortable for the most part with my number it's just the reaction from others when I tell them my number that I'm not okay with."

PREACH SISTA (or mista).

Either way, your count doesn't define you. YOU DEFINE YOU.

Sex is.. well, sex. but more importantly, your body is YOURS. and YOU decide what YOU do with it. You decide if you want the body count of three or forty-three.

Rock your count either way but, always practice safe and consensual sex.