Everyone Is Deserving Of Love, So Don’t Let Not Being In A Relationship Discourage You

We all have a love story in the making, you may have just not reached your chapter yet.

81

The human mind longs for love, acceptance, and affection, whether it be from peers, family, or a significant other.

For as long as I can remember, we have been completely shaped by this idea. We grew up watching movies of 'damsels in distress,' hearing songs about wanting a boy or girl to like us back the way we liked them, or simply just watching television shows centered around wanting to be accepted by other people.

These things have shaped the way we think about ourselves, and unfortunately have made us feel like we need those things to be completely satisfied and happy with ourselves, especially when it comes to our love lives.

We see cute couples on twitter, and for the most part, we are extremely happy and overjoyed for those people. However, on the flip side, we start to long for those things ourselves and grow discouraged when we aren't wrapped in someone's arms, or laid up with the man/woman we so desperately want to reciprocate our feelings.

It turns into "Why don't I have a man/woman to do this for me?" or "Why is everyone getting cuffed except me?" and we start to compare ourselves to each other. We start to feel like something must be wrong with us, simply because we aren't in a relationship too.

But, here's the thing: Every single one of us is deserving of that same love we see in movies, television, and on social media, and one day we will all get to experience it.

Relationships are not all rainbows and butterflies though, and what we see portrayed on Instagram and/or Twitter are often just fragments of a person's overall life (might I add, they're usually the best parts of someone's life, highlighted on a social media platform so everyone can see).

We never know what may really be going on in a person's life or relationship, we just see what they want us to see and because of that, we hold our standards of how we should be treated based on what we see on social media—when often times those standards are unrealistic for the average person.

We need to stop comparing our circumstances, and we need to stop being envious other peoples' situations.

The thing is, I used to be that way. I used to constantly wonder what I was doing wrong, and why other people seemed to have it better than me when it came to relationships, but I realized that everything started with me.

When you start to invest in yourself and enjoy the things that were set in front of you, whether that be your schoolwork, your projects, or your individual talents, everything else will fall into place.

I have wasted a lot of my energy and many of my tears on people who were never meant to be a part of my life in the long run, but all of those tears brought me to where I am today.

Understand that each and every one of us has a love story in the making, and the people in the past are just that—old chapters that you will never go back to. Focus on the chapters to come, and the people you will meet. Don't block your blessings, but manifest in them.

Just because you haven't met the person of your dreams yet, doesn't mean you never will, because the right people will always fall into your life at the perfect time.

Your chapter is coming.