Buying Me Dinner Doesn't Mean I'll Sleep With You

Just Because You Buy Me Dinner Doesn't Mean I Have To Sleep With You

Food may be the way to my heart but not to pants.

1283

Dinner was great, you were nice and here we are parked outside my apartment. Not knowing if we should shake hands, kiss, hug or ….. Woah Woah you want to shag?

Umm thanks for getting me queso but I didn't think you'd want sexual gratification afterward, because um common sense.

The truth is, just because you buy me dinner doesn't mean I need to sleep with you.

Sleeping with someone is a want, not a need. And for some people, well you're going to need to put in a lot more work before you go prying your hands near my cookie jar. You should've just ordered dessert at the restaurant.

Okay yeah, you paid for my $13 meal at the Mexican Restaurant but when did $13 equal sex?

When did my body become currency? When did my body become a 'thank you'? When did I ever agree throughout all our conversations that you would score right after dinner?

We didn't.

What I have noticed more recently is that more and more people have the mentality of 'so dinner than your place?' Trust me I've heard this more times than I can count, yeah that much. So any time a potential date suggested this before our 'date' I would say *cough cough* I'm sick. And if he got mad at that I would say 'so you seriously think buying me dinner is going to get you laid?"

Shockingly enough this one guy said, "well yeah that's how this works".

I choked. Like actually choked because I just couldn't believe what I was reading.

So if a person says this, well you may want to say NEXT. Dates are supposed to be fun and a chance for you to get to know someone for who they are and not their other oral skills.

Now don't get me wrong, some people definitely rack up enough brownie points on the first date. And well….why not invite the person up to your room? And yeah for some people they are okay with people who do this, but not everyone. But ladies and gentlemen don't let the whole "I bought you dinner" card be the testimony as to why you should sleep with them. Realize that you got all dressed up and scheduled time out of your busy day to see this person. Your conversation and personality should be enough to hold them over. Typically if they have this mentality, they don't want to be anything serious and they may not have actually been interested in you. Realize that you are much more than just a body.

Sometimes we just have to express this statement "just because you think buying me dinner is the best way to get sex, doesn't mean I think that too."

I really don't think this equation applies to everyone: dinner=sex. I don't know maybe people assume shoving food down your throat is the same as shoving something else down your throat...........who knows?

But in all seriousness, we too realize that 'dinner than sex' isn't the way to approach everyone, because well you'll probably get blocked or pepper sprayed trying to do so.

So, food may be the way to my heart but not to pants.