Desserts From Around The World That You Must Try!

You're going to break your diet anyways, so do it by trying something new.

589
boredpanda.com

If you're saving your cheat day or pocket change for something special, save it for the desserts you're about to add to your bucket list!

1) Stollen

This German bread might remind you of fruit cake, but I hear it's actually better!

I'm sure it has "stollen" many hearts.

2) Falooda/ Faloodeh

Who would've thought you would want to have noodles for dessert?

You can get creative with this cold, flavorful dessert-- add jelly, syrup, ice cream and basil seeds as desired to amp it up.

The Persian variety, Faloodeh, is like a rose-flavored water ice.

Does it taste as amazing as it looks?

3) Wagashi and Mithai

I don't know about any of you, but I'm prioritizing myself for the Japanese confections.

If we were standing in line for Wagashi, I would cut you and go on to get seconds.

I would fight you with a fork and win. No regrets.

I can't help it, I'm so mesmerized by how beautiful this dessert looks.

Wagashi is a variety of Japanese sweets made of different ingredients and offers an array of consistencies.

Wagashi reminds me of South Asian Mithai, since the appearance and definition of these sweets are similar.

4) Kuih Bahulu

These mini sponge cakes from Malaysia are popular during times of festivities, including Chinese New Year and Eid ul-Fitr.

5) Halwa/ Halva

The new goal is to try every type.

"Halwa" and "Halva" refer to certain types of dessert throughout parts of Asia, the Middle East, and even eastern parts of Europe. "Halwa" refers to the South Asian pronunciation and variety.

Halva is typically flaky or brittle. Halwa is of its own specific variety, distinct from other South Asian sweets, and it's soft.

6) Vitumbua

Sooner or later I am going to try these east African (Tanzanian) coconut treats.

I hear they're like pancakes and donuts, and if these are a magical cross between the two then I'm appalled that I've only recently heard of them. (I hear they're vegan too!)

7) Haupia

You don't go to Hawaii for the amazing climate and activities.

You go to eat authentic Haupia, coconut pudding.

And you cherish every bite.

8) Rugelach and Kugel

I thought I was missing out for never having tried Matzah Ball soup, but now I have to add Rugelach and Kugel to my list.

Rugelach sounds like the rolled pastry of everyone's dreams.

I hear Kugel is like a wonderful sugary dessert lasagna.

I'm off to Yelp the nearest Jewish bakery!

9) Basbousa

AKA the reason I broke my last diet.

When you have Middle Eastern friends, Basbousa makes its way into your life. Before you know it, you're changed forever.

These blocks of sweet, dense semolina are also the reason you can't say "just one bite."

Now I can go hunt down a box of Oreos or Chips Ahoy! for my next cheat/ comfort food day or I could make the calories worth it by indulging on these desserts. They are more challenging to get your hands on, but that makes them all the more worth every bite.