College Life Told By SpongeBob

College Life Told By SpongeBob

This is a compilation of key components of college described by SpongeBob.

22
College Life Told By SpongeBob
Screenrant

As I am nearing the end of my first semester in college, I can honestly say it has been everything I had expected as well as nothing like I expected. College has been a time where I have had the best experiences, learning new things, meeting new friends, and going on adventures. It has also been a struggle being away from home and missing friends and family. In my opinion, college is nearly impossible to explain. However, I can think of one person, in particular, who can: SpongeBob.

1. Welcome Weekend

Welcome weekend is a weekend full of awkward icebreakers where you probably, if you go to a university as small as mine, meet most of the freshman class, at least briefly. At different events you are told to talk to one another, shake hands, and even in some cases hug these random people. In my opinion it is a little bit forced, but at least it kept us busy.

2. Procrastination

College is a busy time for everyone, and college students aren't always the best at staying on top of things. Whether it is choosing between TV or writing a paper, or getting a head start on homework due in a week or taking a nap, I think we all know which options most students would pick. I'd be lying if I said I always do my work as soon as it is assigned. I can often be found late at night writing papers, or studying, but it gets done eventually.

3. Timed Exams

Timed exams have always been a thing, but until college, they had never been a thing that I have had to worry about. In high school, I never needed the whole testing time and if I did need more time, teachers often times gave it. That is not the case in college. While in college, I find myself taking the whole testing hour, only to still need more time. The difference is, professors don't care that you didn't finish. They tell you time is up and collect tests.

4. Writer's Block

As a student, everyone has those times where they have no idea what to write. It comes and goes in waves, but always seems to come at the worst times. While in my writing class, even if I seem to be able to have an idea, I still can't put my thoughts into a coherent essay of 8 to 10 pages. Even when writing Odyssey articles, I can have free range to write whatever I want, but it all gets jumbled into a mess of thoughts that can't be expressed into type.

5. Friends

Going into college, I never expected to meet such a tight group of friends so quickly. In matter of weeks, we were as close, if not closer, than I had ever been to a group of people before. Moving in to college wasn't easy, but having this group of friends by my side, made it so much easier. Although we are all busy a majority of the time, we still find time to sit out in our little hallway together.

6. Food

College cafeterias are supposed to be the best part of college, right? WRONG! At least that is not the case for me. When moving in to college, you expect good food every day, but you quickly realize eating the same food every day for 15 weeks, is worse than it sounds. While our main cafeteria has a buffet style set up, and there are multiple options every day, there are somethings in there, that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

7. Adventures

My group of friends and I spend a lot of our time adventuring the small towns surrounding our college. While we spend most of our time, and money, at Joann Fabrics, buying more fleece for blankets, yarn for scarfs, and fabric to make sorority letters than we need, the list of adventures we have been on just continues to grow. Whether we are the oldest kids in Chuck E. Cheese for my birthday, or the youngest adults trying to "Come on Down" and be the next contestants on the Price Is Right, we always seem to have a blast.

8. Breaks

While in college, breaks seem few and far between, so when one does come around, it is a big deal. People are leaving as early as they can, just trying to get home. Breaks allow for relaxation and time away from class. Nothing is better than leaving campus, knowing you have more than a week off from class.

9. Class

Obviously college involves class, as you are there for an education. Depending on university, major, and professor, some classes can be difficult. Many classes are warned against and even avoided because of difficulty. Just remember, if at first you don't succeed, try again.

10. Coming Home

Nothing makes a college kid happier than coming home for a break, or even the weekend. Coming home gives them a chance to get away from classes, and anything else at school to just be with who they love most. Coming home means home cooked meal, showering without shoes, and most importantly, your own bed.