9 Relatable Facts Of Being A Cat Lady

9 Relatable Facts Of Being A Cat Lady

We all miss our favorite pet during the school year

6
9 Relatable Facts Of Being A Cat Lady

If you are a cat lady, you know all too well that your cat is a small child. You love them, feed them, and play with them. Fur babies require special attention and the thing that unites all cat women is that we are all cat ladies. Here are 9 things you know to be true if you are a cat lady:

You have at least one cat shirt

Ian Barbour

Nothing screams cat lady more than wearing a shirt with a picture of a cat or the word cat lady. Not only will you get noticed by others, but it shows your true cat spirit.

Holding your cat like a baby

Dogs are simply too big to hold or pick up. Luckily, cats are the perfect size to pick up and cuddle with, and be a lap kitty. They're small and don't take up too much space. Also, cats are small enough to sleep with.

You know they are smart

Cats have more memory and are smarter than dogs. They easily sense you emotions when they want to be around you. They know when to be fed and your daily schedule.

You start having conversations with your cat

Nothing is better than your cat meowing at you when you call his or her name. It's one of the best feelings of being a cat lady. If your cat is really friendly, you have full conversations as you are in the kitchen or have just gotten home after a long day.

You appreciate a clean house

Picryl

While having a cat, you recognize that there will be cat fur, but it gives you a new reason to have a clean house. Another positive to cats is they are cleaner than dogs, but that doesn't mean they can't be a mess or a handful.

Your cat is always watching you

If you have a cat like mine, they watch everything that you do in the house. They might even follow you around to show their love and loyalty that they will not ever be ignored.

The scratching post

Wikimedia

Having a scratching post is a must when having a cat. No one likes when they start scratching on rugs or furniture. You might also have a spray bottle for when the misbehave.

You miss them during the school year

Wikimedia

Living without your cat is hard during the school year, especially when there's no one to greet and love on you after a school day. When you're home, having a cat to love on you makes a huge difference on your health.

The purr

Flickr

Best of all, cats show that they are happy when they are purring. This makes cats one of a kind, unlike dogs who can't purr.

Cats are probably one of the best animals that were ever created and having one does incredible things. They always keep you company, while being their own furry self when you're gone. However, the most important part of having a cat is having a life companion to grow up with and how you change with your cat. Even though they aren't human, they take priority when you feel empty and alone. Thank God for all animals, but especially for cats.