14 Signs You're Obsessed With Cats

14 Signs You're Obsessed With Cats

How to know if you're a crazy cat lady.
304

1. You buy food for stray cats.

Yes, I keep a bag of cat food so I can leave bowls out for stray cats. In addition to feeding my own cats, I also feed many others.

2. Your cat (or any cat) is your wallpaper.

I have dozens of pictures of my cat, and other cats that I meet. As soon as I get a new phone, I set one of my cats as my wallpaper on my phone.

3. Meeting a new cat is exciting for you (but not always for the cat).

When I know someone has a cat, I constantly ask them if I can meet it and immediately try to invite yourself over.

4. You go to peoples' houses just to see his or her cats.

If my friends or family are trying to get me to do something or go somewhere, they bribe me by saying, “there will be cats."

5. When you're in a bad mood, you pet a cat and feel better.

This happens to me all the time. I'll be having a bad day, but then I'll pet a cat and I'll be excited and happy again. Especially when it's my cat.

6. You can't sleep without a cat in your bed.

This may see weird, but it's so true! Every night I have to make sure my cat is in my bed ready to sleep before I can sleep. When I'm away at college, I sleep so much worse than when I'm at home in bed with my cat. The sound of the purring is so comforting to me.

7. You are the go-to person when people need cat-sitters.

Whenever my neighbor needs someone to babysit her cat when she goes out of town, I'm the first person she asks. When my grandma was in the hospital, my family and I were the first people who took her cat in.

8. You have multiple items of clothing with cats on them.

For me this is mostly true about shirts. I have at least 5 cat shirts I wear, plus cat socks. But the cat on the shirt has to be cute!

9. You go to pet stores when you're looking for something to do.

Yep. When I have extra time on my hands, I'll try to make a trip into the pet store to browse all the cat accessories. Some pet stores keep cats and have them for sale so I'll stop by to watch them.

10. When you see a cat, you automatically know what breed it is.

A lot of people lump cat breeds together, but I can distinguish between each. For example, this beautiful lady is a Calico.

11. You FaceTime your cat.

Being away from my cat while at college is so hard for me, so I FaceTime my cat. Yes, literally. I'll FaceTime my sister and she puts me on the phone with my cat and I talk to her.

12. Your Instagram is almost entirely cats.

I pretty much post a new cat picture everyday. My friends are always telling me how they wouldn't expect anything less.

13. You refer to your cat as your child.

My cat is not just my cat, my cat is my DAUGHTER. Likewise, if I had a boy cat, he would be my son. Yes, I am that committed.

14. You can't imagine your life without cats.

When your friends ask you how many cats you want in your future you tell them, “at least 8,” and you know exactly what kind you want. Cats. Are. Life.