Bring Back The "Wife Type"

Bring Back The "Wife Type"

It's time for the ladies to get it together.

36
Bring Back The "Wife Type"
Tim Schooler Photography

Once upon a time, men searched long and hard for a suitable mate. A man looked for not only a beautiful face and compatible personality, but also someone that they could take home to their mother. Someone that his family would approve of and a woman that would represent him well. Why was the wife type so important, you ask? The wife would not only serve as a life partner, but also as a role model for their future children. Nowadays, the wife type might as well be listed on the endangered list.

I always read and see how much pressure women put on men to be better fathers, better providers, more attractive and how men aren't worth anything these days. Depending on who you talk to, all men have gone to crap and are in no way, shape, or form worthy of commitment or even consideration. Men should meet 90% of the stipulations on our checklists, yet better love and accept everything about us.

It's amazing how many women are quick to point fingers at the opposite sex but don't require much of themselves. Crazy how we want gentlemen but don't act like ladies. As fast as we are to check the men who aren't like the guys of previous generations and have no sense of respect, let's ask ourselves if are we giving them something to respect and meeting their standards.

You get what you attract

Single or in a relationship, you should always hold yourself to a higher standard and respect yourself. Think of your future and the things you want in life. If you want to one day get married, settle down, and have children, it probably wouldn't be a wise idea to carry yourself like an "easy" woman. No one wants to settle down with what anyone can have or what everyone has already viewed. Be that person that you look for in a spouse and God will connect you with someone suitable. Just remember, you set the tone and stage for the type of men you will attract.

Attention is the root of all evil

Since when did sacrificing your dignity and reputation for attention and money become okay? Nowadays, girls will pose half naked on Facebook and Instagram and brag on the number of likes and followers they have, then wonder why they don't have a good guy committing to them or giving them the time of day. No amount of compliments or social media interaction from multiple men will ever carry the same weight as one committed man that values you. Period. If you're thirsty for love and attention, maybe you need to give yourself some first.

Realize your reputation

Sexy, not scandalous. Classy, not trashy. However you want to say it, how you present yourself and how you act says a lot about you. People forget many things but they don't forget the way you make them feel and they especially don't forget if you offend them. No one is saying to change yourself or be someone that you're not, but you should take care of your reputation. Respect yourself and give other people something to respect as well.

Value Yourself

Stop selling yourself short and remember your morals. Strive to be a better person, push yourself to accomplish your goals, and don't be so hard on yourself and others. Even if you have no desire to ever marry or become "the wife type", remember that your value comes from within and should never be set by anyone else. We are constantly learning, growing, and coming into our own. We are the future wives, mothers, role models, decision makers, and leaders. Let's start acting accordingly.